Dumping Directv after 15 years

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Add me to the list of those cancelling directv.

I had negotiated a price last month, and got my bill Friday for more than double the price I agreed to. Of course, what the rep noted on my account was very different from what was offered and accepted. They offered me some crap that was still $40 more per month than what I agreed to. So, I have setup a cancellation for Wednesday and will be doing some research to see what streaming service I will use.

I'll have to figure out what I'll do for football (not doing reddit).

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Add me to the list of those cancelling directv.

I had negotiated a price last month, and got my bill Friday for more than double the price I agreed to. Of course, what the rep noted on my account was very different from what was offered and accepted. They offered me some crap that was still $40 more per month than what I agreed to. So, I have setup a cancellation for Wednesday and will be doing some research to see what streaming service I will use.

I'll have to figure out what I'll do for football (not doing reddit).
Before I read through this thread. Can you tell me hey you’re not doing reddit?

I also have just negotiated with dtv. It literally took me 3 hours total and I only got 50$ off of the ticket. I do have some other discounts totaling around 70$. But when those fall off I dread calling them again. It’s torture.

So I’m with you after his year. I’m going to figure out all this streaming stuff. I just don’t want to miss a game with something unreliable

links18

Reaction score
Watched a perfect telecast of the game on Redditt NFL Streams yesterday. If its always that good, you would be a fool to pay for Sunday Ticket or any other subscription service.

Dre11

Reaction score
I did too, this year our football meeting room at the school I coach is setup with Sunday ticket for our Sunday meetings.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Before I read through this thread. Can you tell me hey you’re not doing reddit?

I also have just negotiated with dtv. It literally took me 3 hours total and I only got 50$ off of the ticket. I do have some other discounts totaling around 70$. But when those fall off I dread calling them again. It’s torture.

So I’m with you after his year. I’m going to figure out all this streaming stuff. I just don’t want to miss a game with something unreliable

I prefer legal means. Otherwise, I'd use a VPN and some other methods to get way more than just football games.

I am actually staying now. I sent an email to some higher ups on Saturday, after trying to deal with retention, and got a call from AT&T's customer service President today and am getting things back to a little lower than what I agreed to before.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I prefer legal means. Otherwise, I'd use a VPN and some other methods to get way more than just football games.

I am actually staying now. I sent an email to some higher ups on Saturday, after trying to deal with retention, and got a call from AT&T's customer service President today and am getting things back to a little lower than what I agreed to before.
Yes I agree on the legality issue. That’s what I’m trying to figure out. What is legal and what’s not. I’m guessing all that was mentioned on the first couple of pages isn’t legal.

I do like DTV I just hate talking to the retention people.
They also upped the single day Sunday ticket to 70$ from 50$ Before I’d just use that for the 3-4 cowboys games not on.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
All I do is create a directv account online. Put in a fake address of an apartment building, that way you can get nfl ticket online due to the fact that directv will allow you to buy the ticket online if you don't live at a place where they can install a dish. Paid $249.00 for the whole season.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Watched a perfect telecast of the game on Redditt NFL Streams yesterday. If its always that good, you would be a fool to pay for Sunday Ticket or any other subscription service.
If your morals allow you to steal, go forth and steal.

BigD49

Reaction score
I finally decided to dump Directv after 15 years. Ever since they went to AT&T, their service has gotten worse and the prices just as bad. Just decided to go with Sling for now, but thinking about Fubo, but I think it is more expensive. Maybe even PSVue. Suggestions?

Now in order to watch the few Cowboys games that are not nationally televised, has anyone had any experience with the stand-alone Sunday Ticket--via say, Amazon Firestick?
I have Fubo and haven't had any real issues - including the sports plus package (which has RedZone, among other college networks like BTN, Pac-12, etc.) it's roughly $55 a month. What's nice is you can easily watch on your phone, chromecast from your phone or cast to an AppleTV so you're a lot more mobile and can utilize it at other people's house, etc. even if they don't have anything other than the hardware

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score

I cancelled DirecTV several years ago. I was only using it to enjoy the Cowboys games in the comforts of my own home. I live in the Philly area and have gotten to watch almost all the Cowboys games over the last 4 years. It seems that only 2 or 3 games a year are not televised in my area. With that said when it’s not I turn to Reddit for my streaming needs and with today’s technology and high speed internet, my steaming telecast actually seem clearer then the Comcast telecast.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
You should get Firestick and load TPK, its $8 monthly but you get absolutely every game on Sunday ticket + each major tv station (ABC, cbs, nbc, &fox) from all the major cities
I had eternal TV that is basically the same as TPK. I wonder how TPK is staying up considering the law shut down a ton of IPTV services/domain this past week. First time in 3 yrs I haven't had any NFL ticket through it. Just the Redzone.

WTtoolman

Reaction score

Do you happen to have that email address handy??