Dumping Directv after 15 years

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
There is one thing I have noticed with using Sling for streaming live games is that there is a lag, sometimes a significant one. This Reddit thing seem on point or am I just going to have to get used to streaming lag?

Ill PM you a link that’s been money for me so far.

Game isn’t on yet so the screen is blank,

Hailmary

Reaction score
Tell me about this.
Most feeds are 720p. I rarely have issues with picture quality or lag, like back in the day. Just get a decent VPN as I'm not sure about the legality of it.

I don't take joy in theft, but isn't that what these giant telecommunication companies are doing? I think there's like 4 or 5 running all content and internet meaning there's no competition and they can charge whatever they please. Once they break up this oligopoly and start charging reasonable prices, I'd gladly pay for cable/internet.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Done with cable tv...long ago.
Noticed the kids never watched anymore...only YouTube, Netflix, or amazon...
I stopped watching long ago as everything on it insulted my intelligence or morals...
Once the kids outgrew Disney jr and started with streaming....plug got pulled.
PlutoTV for goofy stuff to pass the time and the internet to get more focused on personal preferences.
Amazon Prime has a bunch of great terrible movies and Netflix can fix other urges.
Done dealio.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I am of the understanding you don't need DTV for the Ticket. Just curious how anyone that has it feels about it.
It works great just make sure you have great internet. I usually stream red zone on the iPad and the cowboys on the big screen. Using the ticket app on fire stick. It’s 99$ for students.

superonyx

Reaction score
Go to the site the satellite guys. These guys know everything. They had the numbers for the new service on their site. Everything except what the cia doesn't allow to be public info can generally be found. There was an article speaking on the numbers of direct tv. Was it exact, idk, but it couldn't be far off. Do I believe your view of att? Heck no, my bill jumped immediately 30/ month as soon as they took over. Save the poor att crap, if it was t profitable, att wouldn't have bought direct tv.
I'm not following you 100% friend.
Just know that my career is as a cable industry executive. I won't give much more info on public forums but I have all the real numbers for 2 different major MSO's.

These websites are full of speculation.

Programmer cost have skyrocketed and this has been passed on to the customers. Cable tv isnt as profitable as you think. Profits come from other streams. Also operating cost are higher than you may think.
These streaming services are raising prices also. The networks will always find a way to get the profits they want. The public is in the dark.

Altestic

Reaction score
I finally decided to dump Directv after 15 years. Ever since they went to AT&T, their service has gotten worse and the prices just as bad. Just decided to go with Sling for now, but thinking about Fubo, but I think it is more expensive. Maybe even PSVue. Suggestions?

Now in order to watch the few Cowboys games that are not nationally televised, has anyone had any experience with the stand-alone Sunday Ticket--via say, Amazon Firestick?
Nope. Pay $0 and Use R/Nflstreams

Corso

Reaction score
I'm not following you 100% friend.
Just know that my career is as a cable industry executive. I won't give much more info on public forums but I have all the real numbers for 2 different major MSO's.

These websites are full of speculation.

Programmer cost have skyrocketed and this has been passed on to the customers. Cable tv isnt as profitable as you think. Profits come from other streams. Also operating cost are higher than you may think.
These streaming services are raising prices also. The networks will always find a way to get the profits they want. The public is in the dark.
Cable TV can just go the way of the Dodo Bird.

mrmojo

Reaction score
I dumped Direct after 10 years...they had a contract dispute with Fox an CBS so I didnt get these channels. I switched to DISH so I could watch the Cowboys plus I'm saving 60 dollars a month now.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
You all have read my pleas for help. But I have to admit there are far too many of you suggesting the over-the-air antenna option.

It does not help me as I am not local.

Please reply with further suggestions with that in mind.

Thank you.
Pack up the family and move to Texas or it's immediate neighboring states. The over the air option will be great for you!

Corso

Reaction score
Pack up the family and move to Texas or it's immediate neighboring states. The over the air option will be great for you!
Preferably an area with less humidity...
Humidity sucks.

superonyx

Reaction score
Cable TV can just go the way of the Dodo Bird.
But you will keep coming to feed off the tit of the internet nipple won't you?

BTW. Cable TV is the reason high speed internet has developed the way it has. No one else was burying those fiber lines to your home.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
For the cord cutters, is there a way to get NFL Network?

Corso

Reaction score
But you will keep coming to feed off the tit of the internet nipple won't you?

BTW. Cable TV is the reason high speed internet has developed the way it has. No one else was burying those fiber lines to your home.
Look at you! All high and mighty!
Can I sit on your throne for a second? See how it feels?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I finally decided to dump Directv after 15 years. Ever since they went to AT&T, their service has gotten worse and the prices just as bad. Just decided to go with Sling for now, but thinking about Fubo, but I think it is more expensive. Maybe even PSVue. Suggestions?

Now in order to watch the few Cowboys games that are not nationally televised, has anyone had any experience with the stand-alone Sunday Ticket--via say, Amazon Firestick?
I don't know man, as I still waiting for somebody to tell me which is the best bang for the buck, I'd just heard the other day about best buy being a distributor of something called orby,or something similar to that , about 40 channels for a flat $40 per month fee,,, I want one of those Chinese espionage 40 watt110v light bulbs that secretly generate a Wi-Fi signal when it's lit, as I'd stream chit thru the Ps4& tablet then. My neighbor across the street that I could sometimes piggy back off of done croaked&gone country on me about 4 months back, so,I'm in kinda' a lurch as well ,As I ain't gonna pay what that mobile WiFi hot spot gizmo wants for a couple hours of data stream that I'd bought at a walmart a couple years back ,either.

robbieruff

Reaction score

Amazon or Apple TV (if you own any Echo(s), etc., go Amazon but get the ethernet (wired) connect adapter if your set up supports...can have buffering issues, esp. if streaming 4k)...then go a la carte from there...best option in my view although if u have a PlayStation and you're invested in the platform, very good also. My two cents. I avoid Sunday Ticket like the plague.

Corso

Reaction score
I don't know man, as I still waiting for somebody to tell me which is the best bang for the buck, I'd just heard the other day about best buy being a distributor of something called orby,or something similar to that , about 40 channels for a flat $40 per month fee,,, I want one of those Chinese espionage 40 watt110v light bulbs that secretly generate a Wi-Fi signal when it's lit, as I'd stream chit thru the Ps4& tablet then. My neighbor across the street that I could sometimes piggy back off of done croaked&gone country on me about 4 months back, so,I'm in kinda' a lurch as well ,As I ain't gonna pay what that mobile WiFi hot spot gizmo wants for a couple hours of data stream that I'd bought at a walmart a couple years back ,either.
My man...
Respect.

CapnB

Reaction score
I’m streaming games on Reddit through my Apple TV. It’s never failed me and the picture quality is great.

ive yet to find a way to stream reddit on my fire stick. I end up just watching on my laptop