Dynamic Texas WR Lil’Jordan Humphrey declares for the 2019 NFL Draft

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
That is a gamble if he did indeed receive a 3rd to 6th round projection.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2...phrey-declares-2019-nfl-draft-texas-longhorns

Dynamic Texas WR Lil’Jordan Humphrey declares for the 2019 NFL Draft

The Texas Longhorns will enter the 2019 season without one one of their biggest threats, as leading receiver Lil’Jordan Humphrey announced on Tuesday that he will forgo his senior season and enter the 2019 NFL Draft:

Longhorn for life ❗️❗️❗️ pic.twitter.com/yHl9DINVTe

— Lil'Jordan Humphrey (@LJ_Humphrey23) January 8, 2019
Prior to the Sugar Bowl, Humphrey was quiet about his evaluation from the Draft Advisory Committee, but shortly after the game 247Sports reported that he received a “third to sixth round NFL Draft projection.” Typically that projection is considered a “return to school” grade, but Humphrey decided he was ready for the NFL.

Did l'il Jordan skip school the day of the draft or was he overlooked:laugh:

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I've got no rpblem eating crow. I still wish we'd gotten him. All that said, damn you gotta have some low self esteem to dig this up and gloat. Everything OK at home? Enjoy the chuckles little guy, I'm sure you could use'em.

Oh it was a jab. I get it. I though l'il Jordan slept in and missed the draft or somethin.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I've got no rpblem eating crow. I still wish we'd gotten him. All that said, damn you gotta have some low self esteem to dig this up and gloat. Everything OK at home? Enjoy the chuckles little guy, I'm sure you could use'em.

I didn’t dig the thread up, lol.

Try again.

[Use the time stamps to figure it out Sherlock]

It does cut the legs off of your criticism of this weekend’s draft when your analysis on a “can’t miss” prospect is so woefully off.

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He’s just gotta be.

Luulz.

A bad 40 is the only thing that could hold him back. And it did.

Guys.. I can pull up other threads of me calling out players like David Johnson, Tyron smith before anyone knew about him, Carson Wentz before he was ever projected as a first rounder, Earl Thomas over Eric Berry before that was a popular opinion, projecting Vander Esch as a guy with superstar potential.

So no need to be a jack *** cal poly because when you give opinions on players sometimes you’re wrong.

Bill Parcells has made moronic decisions. If Bill Parcells can miss evaluate someone then so can catch17.

Jordan Humphrey was an absolute bad *** in college and his 40 time crushed his draft value and I even had the foresight to say that it could.

You could play this “you were wrong about a player“ crap with with literally everyone who has have ever evaluated talent.

Last edited:

texbumthelife

Reaction score

Try again.

It does cut the legs off of your criticism of this weekend’s draft when your analysis on a “can’t miss” prospect is so woefully off.

If you're gonna quote me, at least know what quoting someone means and/or how quotation marks work. Or have you not gotten to that point in grade school yet?

I never said can't miss. Youre right though, a person being wrong about a prospect renders all their opinions invalid. So we're all just wasting our time here. Every NFL scout is lost. NFL GMs, coaches and front office personnel should all be run out and hanged.

Solid logic, kid. Keep it coming. We're all enjoying your trolling.

texbumthelife

Reaction score

Try again.

Here's a quick lesson in quotes and hypocrisy, kid. Who said this in another thread?

"I respect anyone on the forum that actually watches a prospect and formulates their own opinion even if we differ on our takeaway."

Or maybe the author of that doesn't know the definition of "respect" any better than he knows how to use quotation marks.

RamziD

Reaction score

Guys.. I can pull up other threads of me calling out players like David Johnson, Tyron smith before anyone knew about him, Carson Wentz before he was ever projected as a first rounder, Earl Thomas over Eric Berry before that was a popular opinion, projecting Vander Esch as a guy with superstar potential.

So no need to be a jack *** cal poly because when you give opinions on players sometimes you’re wrong.

Bill Parcells has made moronic decisions. If Bill Parcells can miss evaluate someone then so can catch17.

Jordan Humphrey was an absolute bad *** in college and his 40 time crushed his draft value and I even had the foresight to say that it could.

You could play this “you were wrong about a player“ crap with with literally everyone who has have ever evaluated talent.

What held him back is his 40 and the fact he only had 1 good year of tape. If he came back and had another year in college like he did the past year, he would certainly get drafted. Right now he’s just a talented receiver with questionable athleticism at the NFL level so a risk for a team to use a draft pick on him. I’m hoping he proves a lot of people wrong, especially the ones who were never ever wrong about where a player would get drafted.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What held him back is his 40 and the fact he only had 1 good year of tape. If he came back and had another year in college like he did the past year, he would certainly get drafted. Right now he’s just a talented receiver with questionable athleticism at the NFL level so a risk for a team to use a draft pick on him. I’m hoping he proves a lot of people wrong, especially the ones who were never ever wrong about where a player would get drafted.

It’s shocking to me. Really is but he had an awful combine and it ruined his draft stock.

Watching him actually play football.. He is awesome at it.

I mean... Just take a moment and look at this player.

You watcha Texas game and he stand out and he has size. Just ran a slow 40.

What would be funny is if he goes to New Orleans and he is just an absolute stud.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I was too kind saying he would be a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Goodness, NO Texas player was drafted LMAO!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
If you're gonna quote me, at least know what quoting someone means and/or how quotation marks work. Or have you not gotten to that point in grade school yet?

I never said can't miss. Youre right though, a person being wrong about a prospect renders all their opinions invalid. So we're all just wasting our time here. Every NFL scout is lost. NFL GMs, coaches and front office personnel should all be run out and hanged.

Solid logic, kid. Keep it coming. We're all enjoying your trolling.

Oh, the hypocrisy.

You’re embarrassed.

Your feelings are hurt.

I get it.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

If you really think a bad 40 is the only thing that held him back then that actually explains why you thought he was a 1st round pick.

The point is you texasbum are on the other threads crapping on some of these prospects pontificating on them as if they are guaranteed busts and you both were woefully wrong on Humphrey.

How rich is that.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm not sure what digging this kind of thread up achieves.
In fact it probably will cause posters to stop posting.
When people want to use this as a " you dont know what you are talking about" post it makes me puke.

This, draft zone is by far and away the best area to post in. 99.9% of the time it's interactive, it's respectful and its polite.

Let's keep it that way.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If you really think a bad 40 is the only thing that held him back then that actually explains why you thought he was a 1st round pick.

The point is you texasbum are on the other threads crapping on some of these prospects pontificating on them as if they are guaranteed busts and you both were woefully wrong on Humphrey.

How rich is that.

Yeah.. I misevaluated a player.. Big deal. Happens to the very best talent evaluators all the time.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I'm not sure what digging this kind of thread up achieves.
In fact it probably will cause posters to stop posting.
When people want to use this as a " you dont know what you are talking about" post it makes me puke.

This, draft zone is by far and away the best area to post in. 99.9% of the time it's interactive, it's respectful and its polite.

Let's keep it that way.

I started the thread and I am also the one that dug it back up. I didn't quote anybody's post or direct anything towards any other poster. I just thought Humphrey was an interesting example of the crapshoot that is draft and NFL scouting. I doubt this will cause posters to stop posting.

Cowboys1fan

Reaction score
Dude is not as good as y’all thought lololol don’t be so biased all the time