Eagles are getting calls about Wentz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I dont find it funny. If you think it isnt true. I can list you some names to go search out comments from.
Right, Dak hasn't been given one excuse after the other.

Linehan, Garrett, O-line, receivers, Moore's play calling, injury (Philly game 2019) etc etc etc....

Thanks for the chuckles.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
If there was an alternate universe in which Wentz was a Cowboy and Dak an Eagle with their careers playing out exactly like they have in this universe you Dak fanboys would be Wentz fanboys mocking that scumbag Eagle for being a bum and making excuses for your beloved Wentz.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
nobody would be calling about stats prescott. No team needs a gimp, well maybe WFT.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right, Dak hasn't been given one excuse after the other.

Linehan, Garrett, O-line, receivers, Moore's play calling, injury (Philly game 2019) etc etc etc....

Thanks for the chuckles.
It's what we do here. We like the guy, we make excuses for him. We dislike the guy, we build a case against him.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
It's what we do here. We like the guy, we make excuses for him. We dislike the guy, we build a case against him.
I know Coach.

I come for the information and stay for the chuckles.

Wouldn't it be fascinating if, against all odds, somehow someway, Dak and Wentz were traded for each other?

The tap dancing would be epic.

JustChip

Reaction score
Once Wentz arrived Prescott would scurry away like a cockroach.
Very interesting tidbit...

“There wasn’t a voice among the three main coaches involved in game planning — Pederson, Taylor, and Scangarello — who could rein in Wentz. And even when they tried, many on the team saw Roseman and the front office’s kid gloves treatment of Wentz as a barrier”

A parallel to how Jerry runs his railroad. He should read this and learn from it, but won’t.

SSoup

Reaction score
It would definitely be an interesting move to trade him immediately after they fired a good coach specifically because he wasn't sufficiently dedicated to making Wentz happen.

ShortRound

Reaction score
I think the Colts make an offer, but I think he's overrated.

Also heard rumors of Andrew Luck coming back to Colts, which sounds like a stretch.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Yup. the guy literally says Dak needs things to be optimal but then uses that as an excuse for Wentz. Wentz threw like 4 picks last year with a clean pocket lol. Its not an excuse. Wentz has had multiple brain farts since his injury and has been one of the WORST quarterbacks in the NFL over the last year. Then again. This same person said that Kaaya and Beathard would be better than Mahomes and Watson in the pros. lol. Didnt Wentz have something like 17 turnovers in 2019? Or more?

Some fans out there holding a 4th round QB to higher standards, pressures and expectations than a first round QB who is supposed to be "elite" and who was suppose to have the Eagles dominating the NFC East for at least ten years. (As this is what some predicted would happen when the Eagles drafted Wentz)

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

Also heard rumors of Andrew Luck coming back to Colts, which sounds like a stretch.
Colts pick one slot below Chicago so probably won't beat the offer as I doubt they are willing to part with more than an R1.
My guess is this wraps up to Chi-town quickly.
Wentz is better than what they had and they can try to at least get that offense to middle of the league.

Luck returning would be interesting on a lot of levels but perhaps he has had time to both get fully healthy and also just miss the game.
The fact it is being discussed tells you how hard it is to find QBs.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
It would definitely be an interesting move to trade him immediately after they fired a good coach specifically because he wasn't sufficiently dedicated to making Wentz happen.
Rumors were the coach wanted out himself.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Dan Patrick, Mike Garafolo spar over Carson Wentz reporting
BBjLnde.img
Steve DelVecchio, Larry Brown Sports 19 mins ago
Dan Patrick, Mike Garafolo spar over Carson Wentz reportingThe Philadelphia Eagles appear to be on the verge of trading Carson Wentz, but longtime radio host Dan Patrick is not buying it. He thinks the talk of teams having interest in Wentz is fabricated by the Eagles, and one of the people behind the reports does not appreciate the insinuation that he is being manipulated.

Patrick said during his show on Friday that he was told by a source that no team has called the Eagles about Wentz. He believes the Eagles are leaking information in an attempt to drum up interest in Wentz.

“I was told by a source yesterday that no one has called the Eagles about Carson Wentz,” Patrick said. “Nobody’s called. I think the Eagles want to create a market here.” :lmao:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...reporting/ar-BB1dqGxA?ocid=U452DHP&li=BBnbfcL

HungryLion

Reaction score

I think Luck coming back is a stretch too.

That being said. If Luck had an offensive line, as good as the colts do now. He probably never would have left.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I think Philly might get a boatload for Wentz.

Status
Not open for further replies.