Eagles are getting calls about Wentz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Right, Dak hasn't been given one excuse after the other.

Linehan, Garrett, O-line, receivers, Moore's play calling, injury (Philly game 2019) etc etc etc....

Thanks for the chuckles.
Not by you haters yet you give the same to Wentz.:rolleyes::facepalm:

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Not by you haters yet you give the same to Wentz.:rolleyes::facepalm:
I've never even commented on Wentz's play much less made excuses for him. I couldn't care less about Wentz unless he's on the same field as the Cowboys.

Rocky, your hatred of the "haters" is going to consume you, if it already hasn't it. It will eat you up.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
It would not surprise me if the Bears get fleeced. Their GM has made some poor moves for QBs and could see him over paying for Wentz.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing tangible. Just a gut feeling and remembering that there are always teams that go gaga for QB's for whatever their own reasons.

Anything is possible. I remember they got a 1st for Bradford.

I think any team has to be dumb to give up much for damaged goods.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Anything is possible. I remember they got a 1st for Bradford.

I think any team has to be dumb to give up much for damaged goods.
No arguments from this guy.
I can just see a team looking at that one year Wentz seemed to catch lightning in a bottle until he got injured, ignore just how good that team as a whole was and think all that's needed is a change of scenery to bring him back to that effectiveness.
I don't think it's sound decision making, but I'm not a decision maker.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I've never even commented on Wentz's play much less made excuses for him. I couldn't care less about Wentz unless he's on the same field as the Cowboys.

Rocky, your hatred of the "haters" is going to consume you, if it already hasn't it. It will eat you up.
Are you kidding? It’s very satisfying.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I really would like to know what some of these offers are because if they are outrageous like some of the reports say they are, then Dak could get us a lot more. Not that I want to trade him because I think he is very good qb and is so much better than Wentz that it is not even close. I know he is not sign but I am just saying that if Wentz trade is a outrageous than Dak could bring in a lot more.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Are you kidding? It’s very satisfying.
I guess it's too late then.

So by extension... If a Dak "hater" finds satisfaction in their hate it becomes acceptable? Or is hate ok only if directed at something you hate?

This haterism stuff is all so confusing to a simple woodchuck like me. I love that I have you to teach me about hate.

xxxx
oooo

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

So by extension... If a Dak "hater" finds satisfaction in their hate it becomes acceptable? Or is hate ok only if directed at something you hate?

This haterism stuff is all so confusing to a simple woodchuck like me. I love that I have you to teach me about hate.

xxxx
oooo
I like it when threads begin to delve in existentialism.

HungryLion

Reaction score

xxxx
oooo

You’ve never seen Star Wars? The hate gives you power man.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
You’ve never seen Star Wars? The hate gives you power man.
Now you got me wondering...

If Popeye hated spinach would it have given him as much power as the spinach did?

My head is spinning. I've got to find some 3 Stooges reruns to watch.

Sydla

Reaction score
Really? Why do you think that?

I didn’t think so either but Twitter sphere is saying rumors are he’s going to move for a package bigger than people expect.

If Wentz nabs you two first round picks then crap Daks worth 3 if not more.

JustChip

Reaction score
Nice post. I read pretty much the same thing at profootballtalk. Looks like the team picking up Wentz would be on the hook for $40M guaranteed and 4 years at $98M. Basically $25M per year for Wentz with $40M guaranteed. As far as contracts go, that is really good if he can actually play and not stink up the joint. So, I think Wentz will be traded maybe pretty soon or as soon as the cap amount is announced. The Eagles would have to eat $34M in dead money for the year. But if Hurts can play decently then that is not too bad for them.

The Colts seem like the team most likely to trade for him. I don't think the Colts want to give up their 1st round pick though. It will be interesting.
The lower 1st round pick the Colts have would be a bargain fir a franchise QB. The issue is whether the believe he is franchise QB material and if they can rehabilitate him to that level. Frank knows what he was, but probably not what he is now. They would have to have some seious conversations with him to be able to go into it with eyes wide open.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I didn’t think so either but Twitter sphere is saying rumors are he’s going to move for a package bigger than people expect.

If Wentz nabs you two first round picks then crap Daks worth 3 if not more.
I just read on Fanside that is their asking price with also a player

khiladi

Reaction score
https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/27/carson-wentz-is-elite/

Wentz has played 55 career games and his numbers in the red zone are insane. In those 55 games, Wentz has thrown 72 touchdown passes and only 2 interceptions. Comparing his numbers to some of the greats in the NFL since 2016, you will see just how impressive Wentz has been. Tom Brady has played 59 games and has thrown 76 touchdowns and 4 interceptions, Drew Brees has played 57 games and has thrown 81 touchdowns and 5 interceptions, Aaron Rodgers has played 54 games and has 75 touchdowns and 3 interceptions, and Russell Wilsonhas played 63 games and thrown 83 touchdowns and 4 interceptions.

And just for fun, if you still think Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott is better than Wentz: Since 2016, Prescott has played 63 games and has thrown 54 touchdowns and 6 interceptions in the red zone, meaning in 8 less games, Wentz has thrown 18 more red zone touchdowns.

Not really sure why Dak fans are acting like they won the lottery.. Wentz has had a garbage line abd no running game and Mr. Air it Out Prescott is always bottom half in red zone scoring, despite the RG and OL.

Dude has more upside than a limited Prescott.

Last edited:

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
The lower 1st round pick the Colts have would be a bargain fir a franchise QB. The issue is whether the believe he is franchise QB material and if they can rehabilitate him to that level. Frank knows what he was, but probably not what he is now. They would have to have some seious conversations with him to be able to go into it with eyes wide open.

Could the Colts get a franchise QB such as Mac Jones (or someone else) at pick #21? Would he be a franchise QB? if so, he would be a lot cheaper than Wentz and his 4-year $98M contract with $45M guaranteed. How much difference is there between Wentz and Mac Jones first year, and then second year?

Three big ifs: if Jones would be there and if Jones is a franchise QB. If Wentz is worth paying $45M guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.