Eagles at Falcons Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nav22

Reaction score
So let me get this straight... Matt Ryan threw 3 picks and Philly still lost? While managing to score just 20 points?

Good thing Wentz is still better than Dak based on “draft status” and “arm talent!”

Results be damned!
:lmao2:

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Wentz's biggest problem is that he cannot stay healthy. Lack of that means rehab time and long periods of not being able to practice regularly or throw regularly.
Or he simply doesn't have "it" when the game is on the line. More often then not he falters, whereas Dak has it and is much more confident at the end of games

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
4-15 with the game on the line....Wentz isnt what people try to tell you he is!

Don't like defending Wentz, but this is the same kind of ignorance we display toward our own QBs, so I'm going to point out the fact that Agholar dropped a perfectly thrown pass that would have gone for a TD. I'm glad he did and I want Wentz to suck as a QB, but what he was on that play was a QB who should have won the game but didn't because of his receiver.

Now, he threw plenty of bad passes that he can be called out on, but loss No. 15 with the game on his line was far from his fault.

Nav22

Reaction score
Well he can enjoy that moral victory from his hospital bed
He’ll enjoy his Super Bowl MVP trophy too, the one Wentz will never touch in a million years.

What’s great is everyone figured that was a fluke, until 2018 happened.

Wentz: 5-6

Foles: 4-1 plus a playoff win

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Am i drunk or is the autistic guy playing his own game, with his own made up rules, against people that dont even know a game is being played, or even want to play it?

PS im a little drunk
Yeah, you are certainly drunk. Sober up and maybe what I'm saying will make sense. ;)
Hiccup! :laugh:

River82

Reaction score
Don't like defending Wentz, but this is the same kind of ignorance we display toward our own QBs, so I'm going to point out the fact that Agholar dropped a perfectly thrown pass that would have gone for a TD. I'm glad he did and I want Wentz to suck as a QB, but what he was on that play was a QB who should have won the game but didn't because of his receiver.

Now, he threw plenty of bad passes that he can be called out on, but loss No. 15 with the game on his line was far from his fault.

And if Wentz had played well throughout the game the Eagles wouldn't have needed a game winning touchdown drive. The people who try and defend Wentz because of a single pass he threw have no concept of football

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
It would have been a nice gain but i dont think a td. Safety had an angle
Perhaps,as I'll not beg to differ nor dither upon that non-existent debatable venue,my goodly fellow, yet,the fecals held that luxury of over a minute remaining on the clock, regardless ,my Friend o_O

Reactions: Ken

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Or he simply doesn't have "it" when the game is on the line. More often then not he falters, whereas Dak has it and is much more confident at the end of games

True, but again a lot of that also has to do with the sheer number of games Dak has played more than Wentz.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

:clap:

stiletto

Reaction score
Uh, because some of us don't drink. Funny, I know. :laugh:

Well some of us don't don't drink so we are in the ballbark of understanding I suppose..? You like that laughing star thingy....

I had to edit my reply 3x after my last drink.. beat that!!

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Nah i think there needs to be a special needs tag attached to your name. @Idgit make this happen
Well, I do have an autistic son. But I don't think that's a laugh matter. It says something about your mentality if you think special needs designations are matters of comedy and laughter. But you did say you were drunk … a little. :laugh:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
And if Wentz had played well throughout the game the Eagles wouldn't have needed a game winning touchdown drive. The people who try and defend Wentz because of a single pass he threw have no concept of football

No one said that isn't the case. Wentz played poorly, especially in the first half, and if it wasn't for his defense, he wouldn't have even had a shot at a game-winning drive (or a potential second game-winning drive since he'd already had one before the Jones' TD). That doesn't change the fact that with the game on the line, he threw a perfect pass that would have went for a TD if his receiver didn't drop it. Anyone using this as evidence that he isn't clutch is using the wrong game. There are other games you can use, but not this one.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Apparently, it is difficult for you to match wits with me. I don't act as if it was one play. I know what happened in the game.
But CONTEXT supports my "wit" because I authored the question bound by a particular contextual inquiry.
YOU wanted to pontificate beyond what I asked. In court, the state prosecutor would appeal to the judge for you to just "answer the question" and not offer side commentary. ;)

I get your point.... I just find it a minor point you're trying to raise. My question is.... so what? Who's saying the drop was Wentz's fault? You're the one who brought Dak into the conversation, that's why people combated your post.

Let's not forget Falcons had another possession too. And Eagles would've left enough time on the clock for Ryan to re-take the game and win it..

Status
Not open for further replies.