Eagles board on complete meltdown after Cowboys take Lamb

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Not a fan of the pick. Too boom or bust for me. And based on Howie’s track record drafting WR’s and CB’s he’ll end up a bust. Even if he pans out he becomes another DeSean Jackson who even in his prime wasn’t a high volume true #1. He’s a guy that get’s you 4 for 120 and a TD or 2 for 35, feast or famine.

Dallas going Lamb was a no brained. Top player on the board, area of need and prevents a rival from taking him.

Dallas WR group may be the best in the league on paper.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It’s not always about the level as much it is about fit and scheme. We don’t have a guy on our current roster that will be able to deal with Reagor, and that’s all that matters.

While this is true, Wentz hasn't exactly been Mr. Longball the last couple of years. His TEs have been his main targets by miles. In fact, this is the issue that started the rift with Jeffery.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

shabazz

Reaction score
not true,i like Dak plenty.

Don’t get too attached. Very soon Rodgers will be reunited with Mccarthy here in Dallas.

His next 3 years in salary is roughly, 25 mil per year. That’s a steal compared to paying mr mediocrity 40 mil per year

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
While this is true, Wentz hasn't exactly been Mr. Longball the last couple of years. His TEs have been his main targets by miles. In fact, this is the issue that started the rift with Jeffery.
Right and honestly I think Goedert and Ertz are STILL their best receiver.

I get the need to address speed but I'm not taking REagor over Jefferson. You fall into traps picking guys over other guys based on their 40 times.

nobody

Reaction score
I wasn't all that happy with ignoring defense in the first...until I saw how it took Lamb from the Eagles and the Eagle fan meltdown because of it.
On second though, it's a great BPA pick, makes our WR corps a nightmare to play against and keeps a great player from a rival, and there's still plenty of draft left for defense.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
The best part is, not only did we scoop their pick, our CB need is probably the reason ATL wouldn’t trade back a few spots.

It may have been the reason. It may have been ATL was asking for too much especially when there may not have been much separation of talent between the players in that range. Lamb is better than Reagor. OK, how much better?

Ruggs, Jeudy, Lamb, Reagor? Who is really better? Could be they are all about the same.

Scotman

Reaction score
We really need a Trolling the Nation installment right about now.

starfan1

Reaction score
We took him so y’all wouldn’t get him and neglected helping our defense so not really sure who won that round. We’re still stuck with Dakota so I figure you still have the edge.

Draft a punter in round 2 so I can feel better about this situation
is the draft over? I must have missed that

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keeping him from philly was payback for Dallas Goerdart. But Jerry also claims to have had offers to move back. So, we probably controlled CeeDee's ultimate destination anyway.