Eagles board on complete meltdown after Cowboys take Lamb

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Jalen Hurts pick was priceless entertainment. I think it may be worse than our Gavin Escobar pick in round 2.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothin will ever beat the Raiders first pick in 1973. A Punter.

Yeah, but that was Ray Guy , the greatest punter who ever lived. He was a weapon. He had far more of an impact than Jalen Hurts ever will.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yeah, but that was Ray Guy , the greatest punter who ever lived. He was a weapon. He had far more of an impact than Jalen Hurts ever will.

I agree. Ray Guy was an amazing punter. But I don't care if he was Jesus Christ, if he would have been there in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, that's what makes the pick a bad one. That's why we don't pick kickers or punters in the first round. Because they'll be there later on. At the very minimum Ray Guy would have been there in the 2nd. That's what makes it a bad pick in the 1st.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. Ray Guy was an amazing punter. But I don't care if he was Jesus Christ, if he would have been there in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, that's what makes the pick a bad one. That's why we don't pick kickers or punters in the first round. Because they'll be there later on. At the very minimum Ray Guy would have been there in the 2nd. That's what makes it a bad pick in the 1st.

Look at the Raiders 1974 roster. Ray Guy was probably the only college kid who had any chance to contribute. Davis probably looked at his roster and who was available at pick 23............and saw Ray Guy as the only starter on the board.

Flamma

Reaction score
Look at the Raiders 1974 roster. Ray Guy was probably the only college kid who had any chance to contribute. Davis probably looked at his roster and who was available at pick 23............and saw Ray Guy as the only starter on the board.

I didn't consider that. It's a different era now where most teams, even the best teams could use help at various positions.

InTheZone

Reaction score
The Jalen Hurts pick was priceless entertainment. I think it may be worse than our Gavin Escobar pick in round 2.
I'm in the camp the eagles should've never stayed with Wentz over Foles despite giving up so much for him in the draft. This is a move to veer from this mistake when the time comes.

If I was the eagles gm I would've been hated on but I wouldn't be in this situation they're currently in.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm in the camp the eagles should've never stayed with Wentz over Foles despite giving up so much for him in the draft. This is a move to veer from this mistake when the time comes.

If I was the eagles gm I would've been hated on but I wouldn't be in this situation they're currently in.

Jalen Hurts is nowhere close to Wentz. They made a very poor evaluation on that pick. If Wentz goes down and they have to play Hurts, they won't win a game.

Wentz actually had a really good year considering he had zip at WR and nobody at rb. He's not going anywhere.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Jalen Hurts is nowhere close to Wentz. They made a very poor evaluation on that pick. If Wentz goes down and they have to play Hurts, they won't win a game.

Wentz actually had a really good year considering he had zip at WR and nobody at rb. He's not going anywhere.
just have to wait and see :)