Eagles cut CB Daryl Worley after arrest

DHCBF66

Reaction score
The Eagles cut Worley after his arrest. He was passed out drunk at a major intersection (not far from the team facility) and became aggressive with police.

Worley was with the Panthers and was traded to the Eagles for WR Torrey Smith.

This is the 2nd player the Eagles have traded for this off season that is facing legal issue.

I'm sure everyone knows the Micheal Bennett story.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
The Eagles cut Worley after his arrest. He was passed out drunk at a major intersection (not far from the team facility) and became aggressive with police.

This is the 2nd player the Eagles have traded for this off season that is facing legal issue.

The Michael Bennett story doesn't pass the smell test, but being passed out drunk... that one smells right.

Fwed

Reaction score
The Michael Bennett story doesn't pass the smell test, but being passed out drunk... that one smells right.
totally agree. it sucks to lose Worley, but I am not sure he was high on the depth chart anyway. What sucks worse is that now they are less likely to recoup a day two pick in a ronald darby trade.

Juggernaut

Reaction score

:muttley:

Reactions: Ken

GreenMean69

Reaction score

I despise Bennet just as much as the next person. But as others said ... something is just off on the whole thing . Why in the world did it take 2 years for this t come to head ? Why is lady in a wheelchair working security in a Superbowl let alone where she was placed. Dont get me wrong IM all for letting people work .... But there are some jobs that people are just not meant for. Now knowing the Eagles , if there was any weight to the story he would be cut too. Eagles FO does not put up with that sort of thing. Granted it hurts plans that Worley is now cut ... but Howie is a magician and will pull a different rabbit form his arnse

Reactions: C42

jrumann59

Reaction score
I despise Bennet just as much as the next person. But as others said ... something is just off on the whole thing . Why in the world did it take 2 years for this t come to head ? Why is lady in a wheelchair working security in a Superbowl let alone where she was placed. Dont get me wrong IM all for letting people work .... But there are some jobs that people are just not meant for. Now knowing the Eagles , if there was any weight to the story he would be cut too. Eagles FO does not put up with that sort of thing. Granted it hurts plans that Worley is now cut ... but Howie is a magician and will pull a different rabbit form his arnse
She was probably an usher of some sort that just checks credential. Depending on the who she works for she can be considered security. I actually think most of Pro games baseball and football they are elderly using the psychology someone won't get physical with an elderly person. Does it seem odd, sure, but would you put something like this against him. I mean it would take a good bit of tinfoil to think of all the players to pick out it would be him unless "something" happened. Remember he does not need to physically hurt anyone under the statute he was charged since its like a "bully" policy since she falls into the "defenseless" victim category.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
The same reason it took Goodell almost 2 years to suspend Zeke. He wont need evidence to suspend Bennett, he like playing God.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
She was probably an usher of some sort that just checks credential. Depending on the who she works for she can be considered security. I actually think most of Pro games baseball and football they are elderly using the psychology someone won't get physical with an elderly person. Does it seem odd, sure, but would you put something like this against him. I mean it would take a good bit of tinfoil to think of all the players to pick out it would be him unless "something" happened. Remember he does not need to physically hurt anyone under the statute he was charged since its like a "bully" policy since she falls into the "defenseless" victim category.

He is a HUGE pos and would not put much past him. But knocking over an old lady in a wheelchair ... I cant see anyone besides a mentally ill person doing so. Could she be confused? So could these so-called witnesses there is a lot going on after a SB and a lot of people. I would have an easier time believing it it was not 2 years ago. Im not just saying because he is now an Eagle .... Im still against them signing him but thats for personal reasons

jrumann59

Reaction score
He is a HUGE pos and would not put much past him. But knocking over an old lady in a wheelchair ... I cant see anyone besides a mentally ill person doing so. Could she be confused? So could these so-called witnesses there is a lot going on after a SB and a lot of people. I would have an easier time believing it it was not 2 years ago. Im not just saying because he is now an Eagle .... Im still against them signing him but thats for personal reasons
Because the bennetts are picture of perfect mental health...

GreenMean69

Reaction score
Because the bennetts are picture of perfect mental health...

Still .... But how do all these people not see a old lady in a wheel chair fall or get knocked over ? Its not like she would just be a face in a crowed. MOST people would notice someone in a chair . So all those people at the SB didnt see anyhting . This day and ago of everyone has a camera in their pocket ... they would watch a person burn so they could tape it instead of being human and getting some water. NOTHING for 2 years not even a zip. You would think TMZ or someone liek them would of already been tipped. Big brother is everywhere these days

jrumann59

Reaction score
Still .... But how do all these people not see a old lady in a wheel chair fall or get knocked over ? Its not like she would just be a face in a crowed. MOST people would notice someone in a chair . So all those people at the SB didnt see anyhting . This day and ago of everyone has a camera in their pocket ... they would watch a person burn so they could tape it instead of being human and getting some water. NOTHING for 2 years not even a zip. You would think TMZ or someone liek them would of already been tipped. Big brother is everywhere these days

This is the end of the SB not too many of the public are there and the ones that are paying attention to the celebration not some dude trying to force his way through security. I mean even Bennett's girl does not have footage and she was there. Do I believe he pushed her on purpose knowing she was disabled, no, but he pushed "security" and she just happened to be a recipient. Sad thing is if she was 30 years old and healthy it is a non starter. It is some weird assault law in that city.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
This is the end of the SB not too many of the public are there and the ones that are paying attention to the celebration not some dude trying to force his way through security. I mean even Bennett's girl does not have footage and she was there. Do I believe he pushed her on purpose knowing she was disabled, no, but he pushed "security" and she just happened to be a recipient. Sad thing is if she was 30 years old and healthy it is a non starter. It is some weird assault law in that city.

and thats just it ... none of us will really know as its already been said there is no evidence . Its a he said she said type of thing . I just cant get past the waiting for 2 years .... Its obvious they didnt have to look over a video and have her point him out . Maybe they had to do it the old fashion way with a set of photos ? Its weird because this came up shortly after the trade .... If it was a case of the were unsure who he was ... why didnt it come up with the Vegas thing , his face was all over the place then. Timing is just way off

DHCBF66

Reaction score
and thats just it ... none of us will really know as its already been said there is no evidence . Its a he said she said type of thing . I just cant get past the waiting for 2 years .... Its obvious they didnt have to look over a video and have her point him out . Maybe they had to do it the old fashion way with a set of photos ? Its weird because this came up shortly after the trade .... If it was a case of the were unsure who he was ... why didnt it come up with the Vegas thing , his face was all over the place then. Timing is just way off
Zeke had proof that the girl was lying. Goodells own hand picked investigator that he hired to investigate DV allegations told Goodell that there was no evidence that the woman was NOT being truthful. Text messages provided by HER friends saying she was going to "ruin his career" were just over looked by Goodell. He instead hired 4 people to investigate the Zeke situation. 2 die hard Giants fans, one season ticket holder for the Eagles and a former Washington Commander player. The did not even have to turn over what they found in the report, they just had to say "Zeke did it" and they did. All the evidence that Zeke was innocent and Goodell still suspended him. Bennett is not going to have it easy.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
Zeke had proof that the girl was lying. Goodells own hand picked investigator that he hired to investigate DV allegations told Goodell that there was no evidence that the woman was NOT being truthful. Text messages provided by HER friends saying she was going to "ruin his career" were just over looked by Goodell. He instead hired 4 people to investigate the Zeke situation. 2 die hard Giants fans, one season ticket holder for the Eagles and a former Washington Commander player. The did not even have to turn over what they found in the report, they just had to say "Zeke did it" and they did. All the evidence that Zeke was innocent and Goodell still suspended him. Bennett is not going to have it easy.
you do realize this is not the same situation as Zeke ?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

Ya,well it happens, I know of a dude who passed out at a stoplight on his Harley,,,, not that's anything to look up to & set yer' sights on in yer' life's bucket list o_O

* posted to discourage all you young fellers:thumbup:

jrumann59

Reaction score
it was 1 year. It happened the last NE super bowl win when marty b was still on the team.

Ken

Reaction score
How does bennett not pass the "smell test"? lol

He was indicted....i know...a video that shows nothing is what we are smelling?