Eagles DL FA pickup is paying off

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
There is a reason I asked my question. We played the Iggles already, and had Dak been playing, Im thinking we would have won that game. They were barely up 3 with about 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter, even after being handed the ball 3 times in the first half.

But you keep fawning all over them, or as a coach once said, "If you want to crown em, well then crown their arse."
Fawning? Control your hatred and point it elsewhere. I hate the Eagles as much as any. I'm talking football. If you can't handle that, go post elsewhere.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Isn't this why Dak gets paid 40 mil a year. To carry the team when the running game is struggling.

Lol at thinking $40mill is some astronomical amount. It's the going rate of QBs unless they aren't good. His contract is already becoming outdated as time goes on

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Selling out to stop the run is definitely the best approach. Just saying playing man behind is dangerous because of the WR talent and the fact that in man it’s much easier for Hurts to scramble. IMO zone is a better approach since it forces anticipation throws, while also keeping defenders facing the LOS.

Stopping the RPO, RPR etc you need the option man (typically the DE) to play feather technique where you don’t fully commit either way. Easier said than done but Dallas’ DE’s are athletic enough. It comes down to being disciplined in the technique during the game since it’s a somewhat passive technique.

X-mas Eve should be a good day be. It will be interesting to see the adjustments both teams make.
Teams play 8 in the box and zone at the same time, all the time.. It's called a three deep zone in the cover one formation.

But the RPO's are always on the right side because Hurts a right handed QB. Dallas plays the big nickle predominantly, so just widen Kearse out a little more on the left sometimes.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I know fans here hate eagles, but they seem really good this season.
They may be saving suh and other guy for dallas and playoffs>?

They keep winning, and depending on if they beat dallas again they will be # 1 seed, get a bye,
and play 2 games at home. So if that happens, I dont see any team beating them.
could happen, be odds are with them going to SB.

I have only seen a few of their games, but havent seen any team stop that power qb sneak lol.
that helps them a lot getting 1st downs in key situations. Teams cant stop it and very small risk of a turnover
or failure.

363 yds rushing on GB is alot, broke a 1948 record I think. They are hard to beat.

I think their gm did a good job of adding guys to a already good team, so we will see if it pays off.
I think it might.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Jerry screwed up not resigning Cooper and not getting Suh. Everyone else Eagles and Niners building up their forces. Dallas letting assets go or not moving on them. Jerry wants Dak to work a miracle. This isn't 34th Street:facepalm:

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Teams play 8 in the box and zone at the same time, all the time.. It's called a three deep zone in the cover one formation.

But the RPO's are always on the right side because Hurts a right handed QB. Dallas plays the big nickle predominantly, so just widen Kearse out a little more on the left sometimes.

Play Wide 9 with one high safety. The box safety aligned opposite of wide 9 for second containment.

Zman5

Reaction score
Only a supposed Cowboys fans would think this. On EaGirls forums, their fans think the FA they signed to stop the run all suck and hasn't made any difference.

Here are some posts from the EaGirls' fans:

"The impact of Suh and Joseph quickly fizzled out. Hopefully Davis returns soon and helps. But overall, our DL is OLD, gets moved easily in the run game and doesn't generate any pressure with a 4 man rush"

"I thought this was quite concerning. Watching live, I thought on several plays Linval Joseph was pushed 5 yards down from the scrimmage. Granted he was double blocked on few of those plays but then again NT is supposed to eat those blocks"

"Suh and Joseph are probably not quite in football shape yet, and we have Jordan Davis coming back. Yeah, the run defense has not been great, but I am not too terribly worried about it ... yet.

etc...

Last edited:

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
5 yards per carry.

Yes, they ran all over them and it would have been worse if they kept doing it. Also a 20 yard rushing td was called back for a BS holding.

Joseph had 2 tackles and Suh did nothing.

Quinn had a qb hit.

We are shaking.

Wrong, Suh & Joseph kept the running game to minimum unlike the 200 yards Cowboys DL gave up vs Packers.

Aaron Jones had 43 yards in 12 attempts averaging 3.6 yards. They had total of 106 yards and 30 came in 3 long runs after turnovers.
Along with stopping the run they created pressure from the middle that forced 3 and outs.

Jerry needs to go sign OBJ and make this team better if he is serious about winning.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/401437871

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
They had 1 tackle and 1 assist between the both of them.

Wrong, Suh & Joseph kept the running game to minimum unlike the 200 yards Cowboys DL gave up vs Packers.

Aaron Jones had 43 yards in 12 attempts averaging 3.6 yards. They had total of 106 yards and 30 came in 3 long runs after turnovers.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score

Yes was assuming you were talking about playing cover 1 not 3.