Eagles Fans Believe in Us More Than Cowboys Fans...

superonyx

Reaction score
I live very close to Philly. This means that I know a lot of eagles fans on a very friendly personal level. Whats going on at this site is disturbing today. I am amazed at how much Cowboys fans have become whiners, sourpusses, knee jerkers.

I have been talking to eagles fans today to get their reaction to the Cowboys game. They spent the day watching their team struggle against the Rams. Sure they won the game and scored some late points but the reality is that it was much harder than they thought it would be for them. They are nervous over their team this season after that start.

Now they are also nervous because the Cowboys impressed them last night. Most of them admitted to me that they are starting to look at Dallas as a team that can beat a lot of people. Our defense even with the injuries dictated the game last night. It was electric. Not like what has been happening in dallas recently. Our offense made people look at matchup issues across the board. They see Dez, Miles, Witten, Felix, and they are getting nervous. If the jets with their amazing defense could look average against the cowboys offense, what will the "normal" defenses do to stop the cowboys?

Point is we all need to calm down with the over reaction. With running people out of town. Its the first game on the road and we outplayed that jets team. It seems that game, even in a loss, has sent a bit of a message to the league.

If anyone else knows some fans of other teams and have discussed the cowboys game with them, Id like to hear how they feel about us now.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Eagles fans probably just got a reality check when they realized they are still weak in the defensive front 7 and Vick still can't throw :laugh2:

The mediots and fans alike that have crowned the Eagles are, and have been, insanely overrating them.

The one thing I will give Philly credit for, and they always do it well, is they close out games. Something that we can not do.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Future;4106766 said:
Eagles fans probably just got a reality check when they realized they are still weak in the defensive front 7 and Vick still can't throw :laugh2:

The mediots and fans alike that have crowned the Eagles are, and have been, insanely overrating them.

The one thing I will give Philly credit for, and they always do it well, is they close out games. Something that we can not do.
Except when we beat them the last game of the year and also in the playoffs a year and half ago.:D

bigE79

Reaction score
DFWJC;4107158 said:
Except when we beat them the last game of the year and also in the playoffs a year and half ago.:D
That hurt...:lmao:

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
superonyx;4106755 said:
I live very close to Philly. This means that I know a lot of eagles fans on a very friendly personal level. Whats going on at this site is disturbing today. I am amazed at how much Cowboys fans have become whiners, sourpusses, knee jerkers.

I have been talking to eagles fans today to get their reaction to the Cowboys game. They spent the day watching their team struggle against the Rams. Sure they won the game and scored some late points but the reality is that it was much harder than they thought it would be for them. They are nervous over their team this season after that start.

Now they are also nervous because the Cowboys impressed them last night. Most of them admitted to me that they are starting to look at Dallas as a team that can beat a lot of people. Our defense even with the injuries dictated the game last night. It was electric. Not like what has been happening in dallas recently. Our offense made people look at matchup issues across the board. They see Dez, Miles, Witten, Felix, and they are getting nervous. If the jets with their amazing defense could look average against the cowboys offense, what will the "normal" defenses do to stop the cowboys?

Point is we all need to calm down with the over reaction. With running people out of town. Its the first game on the road and we outplayed that jets team. It seems that game, even in a loss, has sent a bit of a message to the league.

If anyone else knows some fans of other teams and have discussed the cowboys game with them, Id like to hear how they feel about us now.

I live in eagle country and watched them closely yesterday. They desreved to win that game and were better than the Rams. However, the Rams aren't no where close to what I though they were and looked like a 6-7 win team.

Bradford is ordinary at best and they don't have a WR who can catch the dam ball. 6 drops at least by my count.

On the eagles side, they can't stop the run or rush the passer all that well. Their OL looks like **** and Vic was getting killed. Speaking of Vic, I think we can all breath a sigh of relief. He's the 2006 Vic again. He'll make highlight reel plays but that's it.

Had we played them yesterday, we win by 14 plus. Can't wait til week 8, but I doubt Vic is still in one piece by then.

popp1234

Reaction score
I don't see lots of people doubting the Cowboys. I see lots of people doubting Tony Romo.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
superonyx;4106755 said:

I agree, we are expecting way too much of our team to go from mediocrity for well over a dozen years (throw a couple good periods in there) to undefeated season style play in one game. I think exactly like the Eaglefans who said that, I see us as having made great strides against a very very good defense and decent offense last night.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
"Eagle fans love Dallas more than you..."

I love Jason Garret and Tony Romo and Witten and Jenkins more than anyone....EVER!

Whew!! Thanks superonyx, you saved me from the dark side w/ your mind trick.

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
Remember that a lot of what you're seeing is adrenaline (and alcohol?) fueled posts that popped up in the hours following the game. Eagles fans didn't come away from that game fuming. Eagles fans didn't watch us lose a lead in a way that the Cowboys have never lost a lead in the history of the franchise.

You have to account for the recency. Give people a day or two to work out the freak-outs and we'll be back to our chipper selves.

Asklesko

Reaction score
It's safe to be bullish on the Cowboys. Garrett and Ryan have made the team rock solid. Romo is a riskier bet. With the rest of the team in shape, damage done by his screw ups has been magnified.

StylisticS

Reaction score
I cant imagine skins fans doing the same to Cowboy fans in DC today.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Asklesko;4107333 said:
It's safe to be bullish on the Cowboys. Garrett and Ryan have made the team rock solid. Romo is a riskier bet. With the rest of the team in shape, damage done by his screw ups has been magnified.

Strange you say this but vote we are on the right track but Garrett isn't the right guy.

Which is it? :cool:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I think the person who may have learned the biggest lesson from yesterday's game is Jason Garrett. I thought this loss for him should be a turning point. He's obviously (in my eyes) one of the top coaches already, and this is his first official game as an OFFICIAL Head Coach with his players and his scheme from core to core. Basically, he's a rookie.

When this guy gets over the small kinks of a rookie coach, LOOK OUT. I would be worried if I'm on the Cowboys schedule, and this includes New Cheatland.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I'm not shocked. As dumb as they are they are smarter than some of our fans.

barbix

Reaction score
Games like these seem like flukes. So much unusual stuff occured that cause us to lose the game in 4th quarter that it seems like just bad luck, and we outplayed them. But when it keeps happening like that year after year its not just bad luck.

TX_Yid

Reaction score
I love that Ron Mexico said he played lights out. Can you say 44% pass completion??

Suave

Reaction score
popp1234;4107253 said:
I don't see lots of people doubting the Cowboys. I see lots of people doubting Tony Romo.

Can't argue against this. If the defense continues to improve, especially stopping the run, they can do some damage this year. It would also help if we can keep players healthy.

I think Dallas's offense will be just fine. The offensive line is young, but they held their own quite well against a very good Jets defense.

My issue is with Romo; he has to make better decisions with the football. I have not completely given up on him, but I am almost there.

When the Cowboys have a team on the ropes, they have to deliver the knockout blow.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Dallas;4107364 said:
Strange you say this but vote we are on the right track but Garrett isn't the right guy.

Which is it? :cool:

I'm not sure Garrett can a) learn better game management and b) call a better offensive game, as in more runs and fewer passes. In a word, he's inept, and I haven't seen much improvement. He has the team playing well, but it doesn't mean anything if he continues to fail during games.

I want to see what Rob can do.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
We are all just upset. We had it won and we lost. Obviously there are alot of positives to come out of it. When we win next week we will all see how this board flips and we all will be alot happier and positive