Eagles FO embarrassing ours

Sydla

Reaction score
and no 2nd or 3rd round picks.

If we had that here you all would be *****ing about that.

Probably not if we had turned that 2nd round pick into our franchise QB and our 3rd round pick into a starting, high ceiling CB. It's not like they traded those picks away for two bums.

We got lucky as hell with Prescott in the 4th. But I don't think there would be very many people here *****ing if we traded our 2nd round pick to get a Wentz (oh I forgot, you think Wentz sucks, LOL) or a Deshaun Watson or some other young, up and coming franchise QB.

Ken

Reaction score
Probably not if we had turned that 2nd round pick into our franchise QB and our 3rd round pick into a starting, high ceiling CB. It's not like they traded those picks away for two bums.

We got lucky as hell with Prescott in the 4th. But I don't think there would be very many people here *****ing if we traded our 2nd round pick to get a Wentz (oh I forgot, you think Wentz sucks, LOL) or a Deshaun Watson or some other young, up and coming franchise QB.
They picked him, how is that lucky? Probably "Lucky" that the Lynch trade didn't go through if anything is lucky.

We have 2 "high ceiling" cb's from the last draft in the 2nd and 3rd round. Got our franchise qb in the 4th round. And we are envious of the Eagles why???

Sydla

Reaction score
They picked him, how is that lucky? Probably "Lucky" that the Lynch trade didn't go through if anything is lucky.

We have 2 "high ceiling" cb's from the last draft in the 2nd and 3rd round. Got our franchise qb in the 4th round. And we are envious of the Eagles why???

Lucky that a 4th round QB turned into a potential franchise QB. Lucky in that they clearly wanted Lynch over Prescott but failed to make a trade, lucky that Oakland jumped them and took Connor Cook in the 4th before we did. Dallas wanted both QBs over Prescott.

They get credit for taking Prescott but to not admit that there was some serious good fortune there is bizarrely silly.

You are missing my point but that's not surprising.

It's a hypothetical. If we didn't have Awuzie and Lewis and Prescott but instead had traded a 2nd and 3rd round pick, for say Watson and a young, high ceiling NFL CB who has proven already he can play in this league, I doubt very many would be complaining.

You believe that because it fits into your bizarre narrative but reality is if we used those picks to get a franchise QB and a potential stud CB, no one would really be complaining.

Ken

Reaction score
Lucky that a 4th round QB turned into a potential franchise QB. Lucky in that they clearly wanted Lynch over Prescott but failed to make a trade, lucky that Oakland jumped them and took Connor Cook in the 4th before we did. Dallas wanted both QBs over Prescott.

They get credit for taking Prescott but to not admit that there was some serious good fortune there is bizarrely silly.

You are missing my point but that's not surprising.

It's a hypothetical. If we didn't have Awuzie and Lewis and Prescott but instead had traded a 2nd and 3rd round pick, for say Watson and a young, high ceiling NFL CB who has proven already he can play in this league, I doubt very many would be complaining.

You believe that because it fits into your bizarre narrative but reality is if we used those picks to get a franchise QB and a potential stud CB, no one would really be complaining.
Right....in my "bizzare" world, we achieved the same result using our own draft picks and have all of our premium picks for this year.

Bizarre really....

Sydla

Reaction score
Right....in my "bizzare" world, we achieved the same result using our own draft picks and have all of our premium picks for this year.

Bizarre really....

The fact you are struggling with this discussion isn't that surprising.

Ken

Reaction score
The fact you are struggling with this discussion isn't that surprising.
Yes, because I am clearly not capable of comprehending the complex thought process of "Eagles are 7-1 and we are not".

Sydla

Reaction score
Yes, because I am clearly not capable of comprehending the complex thought process of "Eagles are 7-1 and we are not".

No, you are incapable of understanding a hypothetical.

Ken

Reaction score
No, you are incapable of understanding a hypothetical.
I get your hypothetical...i really do.

Our reality though, is that we didn't need to do that because of how we approached our off seasons in recent years. We didn't throw big bucks at a RB that didn't fit our system or an injury prone qb, or an overated CB. We learned from our mistakes and are building our team the right way, through the draft. We make our mistakes, but we are also making brilliant picks.

The Eagles are having to scramble to make unconventional deals to make it work and it isn't sustainable. To their credit, they have done pretty well with the hand they were dealt by the previous regime.

Sydla

Reaction score
I get your hypothetical...i really do.

Our reality though, is that we didn't need to do that because of how we approached our off seasons in recent years. We didn't throw big bucks at a RB that didn't fit our system or an injury prone qb, or an overated CB. We learned from our mistakes and are building our team the right way, through the draft. We make our mistakes, but we are also making brilliant picks.

The Eagles are having to scramble to make unconventional deals to make it work and it isn't sustainable. To their credit, they have done pretty well with the hand they were dealt by the previous regime.

We didn't need to do that.

But the point is you claimed people would be pissed if we traded a 2nd and 3rd round pick for a franchise QB and a high ceiling, young CB.

I think that's BS. I don't think many people would be upset with that if we traded a 2nd and 3rd round pick and got two good to really good players back for those picks.

And by RB that didn't fit our system, injury prone QB and an overrated CB, are you talking about Murray, Bradford and Darby?

Well, despite all the laughing here by some, the Eagles were able to get out from under Murray's contract with little pain. They turned Bradford into a #1 pick that landed them Derek Barnett and Darby is a pretty good CB in this league.

Further, this notion that the only way to win is strictly build through the draft is a myth that isn't really that accurate yet you guys keep claiming it is.

Ken

Reaction score
We didn't need to do that.

But the point is you claimed people would be pissed if we traded a 2nd and 3rd round pick for a franchise QB and a high ceiling, young CB.

I think that's BS. I don't think many people would be upset with that if we traded a 2nd and 3rd round pick and got two good to really good players back for those picks.

And by RB that didn't fit our system, injury prone QB and an overrated CB, are you talking about Murray, Bradford and Darby?

Well, despite all the laughing here by some, the Eagles were able to get out from under Murray's contract with little pain. They turned Bradford into a #1 pick that landed them Derek Barnett and Darby is a pretty good CB in this league.

Further, this notion that the only way to win is strictly build through the draft is a myth that isn't really that accurate yet you guys keep claiming it is.
No...Murray, Bradford and Maxwell.

They "got out" but Murray went on to have a really good year last year...one that they could have used with a young qb. They also got absolutely bailed out with Bradford getting that compensation they did from a desperate Vikings team.

While I acknowledge that exclusively building through the draft to win a championship is not really something that has been done before...the vast majority of the makeup of championship teams should come from the drafting of your team. Only certain key pieces should come from FA and the majority should be of the bargain basement variety such as the Cowboys have overly deployed in recent years. The Cowboys have failed in adding that key piece or two that you have to open up the checkbook for and they need to change that mentality this offseason.

Having said that, I would rather have the Cowboys current problems than the Eagles or anyone else in our division's current problems. Ours are all fixable, their's are not.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Cowboys fans that are impressed with anything associated with the Eagles are embarrassing. That is a turncoat mentality and you should have your Cowboys card revoked. The Eagles are a POS team with POS fans and a POS FO.
:igglestrophy::igglestrophy::igglestrophy::igglestrophy::igglestrophy: Screw anything associated with the Eagles.:thumbdown:

jjktkk

Reaction score
That's what's great. I don't have to go anywhere. You, and the rest of the true "crybabies" will just have to suck it up and deal with reality.

And if you can't handle it - as is obviously the case - it is, in fact you that needs to "go" someplace.

Thankfully, nobody is being censored and free speech is allowed and encouraged. Plenty of people are enjoying the most lively thread topic on this forum today. That doesn't need to change because it might damage your fragile sensibilities.
Lol, Fabrication huh? You're slipping @stasheroo. Can't even remember all the crap you yap about on here.

:laugh:

jjktkk

Reaction score
No, your pattern of fabricating things that never happened or were never said is all too well established.
Ah, going the visionary route. Please point out anything I ever fabricated on this website.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ah, going the visionary route. Please point out anything I ever fabricated on this website.

We would be here forever.

But I do see the point you're trying to make here, and I was being hypocritical. I can't expect to talk about savvy front office moves the Eagles make if people can't have the same right to defend Taco.

Point taken.