Twitter: Eagles interested in McClain too

Chuck 54

Reaction score
There are no guarantees that McClain even makes the 53 man roster. We may not have guys with his experience, but we do have quite a bit of youth and ability to run out there at DT. (Collins, Price, Ward, Ross, Ash, Neal, Jones, Irving, even Crawford)....McClain would make 10 guys who can play DT to choose from.

Now, before everyone starts saying only McClain, Pearce, Collins, and Ash can play 1Tech, let's not forget that McClain is only 6'2, 302. It's not like he's the run-stuffing beast fans keep calling for. He has to know that if he signs a reasonable contract, he's not guaranteed a spot. He'll have to earn it in training camp, and unless he's significantly better than the younger guys, I don't see us keeping him. Money or roster will likely help him make his decision.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
A 2 year 2 million dollar deal is about all I would give him. Give him guaranteed money and watch him take a year long nap.

CCBoy

Reaction score
In 2016, Terrell McClain played a significant role in Dallas’s number one ranked rush defense. Nicknamed ‘the dancing bear’, McClain displayed the quickness and power defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli loves for that position. After a failed stint in Washington where the team tried to make him a 3-4 nose guard, McClain was released and is back on the market. Even Will McClay mentioned the possibility of a reuniting of the team and McClain recently.

https://thelandryhat.com/2018/05/06/dallas-cowboys-tavon-austin-running-back-game-changer/

I think this decision involving Terrell McClain could have significant implications for the Cowboys...

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
High five for the sports metaphor! And, you're right, a pick-six if we want him. :)

:clap:

Wow. However this could be a sticky wicket. I mean this is no three foot putt. It could rim out if the Cowboys aren't careful and the Eagles get the board. Offer the wrong thing and this could be a foul tip in the catcher's mitt on strike three. I just hope McClain comes to the Cowboys and the potential of a SB ring in Philly doesn't cause the Cowboys to roll a gutter ball.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wow. However this could be a sticky wicket. I mean this is no three foot putt. It could rim out if the Cowboys aren't careful and the Eagles get the board. Offer the wrong thing and this could be a foul tip in the catcher's mitt on strike three. I just hope McClain comes to the Cowboys and the potential of a SB ring in Philly doesn't cause the Cowboys to roll a gutter ball.
I tip my hat to you, sir

ShiningStar

Reaction score
oh yea, McClain sees this as a no brainer, 1 team who won the SB and the " next year champs" im on the edge of my seat.

ESisback

Reaction score
In 2016, Terrell McClain played a significant role in Dallas’s number one ranked rush defense. Nicknamed ‘the dancing bear’, McClain displayed the quickness and power defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli loves for that position. After a failed stint in Washington where the team tried to make him a 3-4 nose guard, McClain was released and is back on the market. Even Will McClay mentioned the possibility of a reuniting of the team and McClain recently.

https://thelandryhat.com/2018/05/06/dallas-cowboys-tavon-austin-running-back-game-changer/

I think this decision involving Terrell McClain could have significant implications for the Cowboys...

Indeed, which is why the Eagles want him!

Johnny23

Reaction score
Why are we wining and dining this oft injured scrub when the better player Johnathan Hankins is out there and would immensely be a healthier upgrade over what we got from McClain from 2014-16.... I am beside myself pissed at how cheap and inept this front office is and fans who think cutting Dez was anything but typical Cowboys BS and them turning the corner.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
This one seems like a layup for Dallas if we want him.
I hope your right. I’m less optimistic. We are competing against 3 other teams right now. He has options. An up and coming team with a lot more money than us to spend, or the team that just won the Super Bowl who would only expect him to be part of a deep rotation. Why again do you think it’s a layup he will sign with us?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Why are we wining and dining this oft injured scrub when the better player Johnathan Hankins is out there and would immensely be a healthier upgrade over what we got from McClain from 2014-16.... I am beside myself pissed at how cheap and inept this front office is and fans who think cutting Dez was anything but typical Cowboys BS and them turning the corner.
Spending Dez’s money on Hankins! Would that make you happy? Or pissed?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope your right. I’m less optimistic. We are competing against 3 other teams right now. He has options. An up and coming team with a lot more money than us to spend, or the team that just won the Super Bowl who would only expect him to be part of a deep rotation. Why again do you think it’s a layup he will sign with us?

Because he left town in each of the other locations and saved the Cowboys visit for last. When we do that, we’ve usually told the player to consider his options and then come talk if we’re in the ballpark. Plus, he had success here and was well liked. It stands to reason he’d be welcomed back.

PHI isn’t an actual contender for his services unless he schedules a visit.

millennial_legend

Reaction score
There are no guarantees that McClain even makes the 53 man roster. We may not have guys with his experience, but we do have quite a bit of youth and ability to run out there at DT. (Collins, Price, Ward, Ross, Ash, Neal, Jones, Irving, even Crawford)....McClain would make 10 guys who can play DT to choose from.

Now, before everyone starts saying only McClain, Pearce, Collins, and Ash can play 1Tech, let's not forget that McClain is only 6'2, 302. It's not like he's the run-stuffing beast fans keep calling for. He has to know that if he signs a reasonable contract, he's not guaranteed a spot. He'll have to earn it in training camp, and unless he's significantly better than the younger guys, I don't see us keeping him. Money or roster will likely help him make his decision.
He's a better run stopper than Jeremiah Ratliff at 285 pounds that's for damn sure...

McClain is far superior to those JAGs and OOP Collins at 1 tech. Collins is a 3 tech but like Crawford, his best position is probably 3-4 DE, unfortunately. You move on from Crawford next year and give Collins Crawford's job.

millennial_legend

Reaction score
Because he left town in each of the other locations and saved the Cowboys visit for last. When we do that, we’ve usually told the player to consider his options and then come talk if we’re in the ballpark. Plus, he had success here and was well liked. It stands to reason he’d be welcomed back.

PHI isn’t an actual contender for his services unless he schedules a visit.
He'd be the 4th DT and the 3rd 1-tech on the Eagles roster behind Timmy Jernigan and Haloti Ngata. No 4-3 team will keep 3 guys on the active roster who aren't going to play much on passing downs barring injuries.

For the Cowboys, damn good chance he starts at 1-tech in Week 1 considering our situation.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
That's a hat trick if they do