Eagles Miles Sanders. "Feels like we are on a All Star Team"

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboysFanSince88, Jun 30, 2022.

1. NotForLong

NotForLong Well-Known Member

5,886 Messages
    6,620 Likes Received
    They beat the Chargers 9-8
    They beat the Saints 9-8
    They beat the Eagles 9-8
    And the beat the Patriots with a Rookie QB in His 6th Game

Wow look at all those winning records

RustyBourneHorse likes this.
  2. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

51,407 Messages
    77,334 Likes Received
    LOL, the Cowboys beat two playoff teams in 2021 - the Patriots and then the Eagles, who you claim aren't all that good. They lost to the four other playoff teams they faced. The Eagles certainly didn't run over any good teams themselves but arguing the Cowboys played and beat the best is quite a reach. They were a product of a fairly weak schedule as were the Eagles.

They lost to the four best teams they faced last year - Bucs, Raiders, Cardinals and Chiefs.

3. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971

10,484 Messages
    17,148 Likes Received
    Smells like the 2011 Eagles.

Ooofff.

4. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

22,688 Messages
    32,310 Likes Received
    Hurts is not making that leap. Dak was good from his first PS game. He has some warts but at least he can throw. Hurts has always been this way since Alabama. Tua came in and won the NC game at Bama that he was losing. I watched the playoff game with Tampa last year and if he could have actually thrown the ball they could have won.

kskboys likes this.
  5. baltcowboy

baltcowboy Well-Known Member

8,916 Messages
    9,624 Likes Received
    They could have won all four games. You act like those teams destroyed the Cowboys. They get no credit for beating the Chargers and Minnesota. Teams that were a game away from making the playoffs. 12 wins vs 9 wins. You are a Cowboys downer and Eagles apologist.

6. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

33,391 Messages
    17,916 Likes Received
    Just 12 combined TDs difference is all. Sewer dweller!

7. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

51,407 Messages
    77,334 Likes Received
    LOL, so we've gone from beating numerous winning and playoff teams to "we could have won all four of our toughest games"? I acted nothing like you said. Nowhere did I say anything that could be construed as me saying we weren't competitive in those games. I simply said we didn't one of the four best teams on our schedule. And we didn't. It's just a factual statement.

We were a product of a fairly soft schedule. That's just the reality. We were better than the Eagles, clearly. They also had a soft schedule (and frankly rode a soft schedule really late to their playoff appearance where they got exposed by Tampa again).

And what happened last year means nothing this year. The NFL is a year to year to league.

8. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

42,723 Messages
    21,099 Likes Received
    Looking at Philly’s roster if Jalen Hurts takes the next step and has a good year I think the Eagles take the division. It’s all going to come down to Jalen Hurts. While the Cowboys were fading last season Philly was coming on. They had a much better offseason than we did. While we were losing talent they were adding talent. We didn’t replace the players we lost with better players. We downgraded.

9. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

42,723 Messages
    21,099 Likes Received
    Cowboys fans know all about seeing the same movie. We’ve been seeing the same sad movie for 27 years. Philly may not have a dream team but they certainly look like they’ve gotten better. Their season will come down to the performance of Jalen Hurts.

10. TexasHillbilly

TexasHillbilly Well-Known Member

2,420 Messages
    2,158 Likes Received
    I can remember a few years earlier we did the same thing and bombed also. I know this because I had a huge eagles fan as a coworker and he was saying all year how we had an SB bound team. Man did we tank. Then a year or 2 later the eagles did the same thing and they tanked. Payback is sometime a bit fun.

That's why I don't boast about any season no matter how it looks cause you never know what's gonna happen with players.

Miller likes this.
  11. TexasHillbilly

TexasHillbilly Well-Known Member

2,420 Messages
    2,158 Likes Received
    you asked that question knowing the answer before you asked. :laugh:

We should start a poll with that question.

12. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

21,131 Messages
    42,303 Likes Received
    The Eagles Suck.

RustyBourneHorse and blueblood70 like this.
  13. nalam

nalam The realist

7,946 Messages
    4,171 Likes Received
    We have them where we exactly want them.

it will be doubly sweet when beat them convincingly.

14. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

27,221 Messages
    19,700 Likes Received
  15. baltcowboy

baltcowboy Well-Known Member

8,916 Messages
    9,624 Likes Received
    The schedule will be easier this season. You might be shocked but replacing the AFC West for the South will actually help our win totals. The NFC North is worse the South as well. This season the Cowboys play only 4 quarterbacks that are better then Dak. Of course the Cowboys have to prove it in the playoffs.

16. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

31,808 Messages
    26,383 Likes Received
    Yeah, well you got Hurts as QB. So us Cowboys fans know exactly what mediocre QB play does to an “all star” line-up everywhere else.

17. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

33,886 Messages
    36,479 Likes Received
    Dak is a 6.5. Hurts is a 2.5. They're not in the same conversation.

Fastpitch Dad likes this.
  18. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

33,886 Messages
    36,479 Likes Received
    Hurts is woefully subpar as a passer. That is not going away. He's just not good.

Fastpitch Dad and Aven8 like this.
  19. black label

black label Well-Known Member

5,155 Messages
    7,535 Likes Received
    jerrys chicks are all stars bra

20. Them

Them Well-Known Member

3,358 Messages
    8,411 Likes Received
    "Talk is so so cheap!"......"Time to ride Boys!"...
    [​IMG]

PA Cowboy Fan likes this.