Twitter: Eagles releasing LB Kendricks

KDM256

Reaction score
wondering the asking price for Kendricks? Could be too rich for the Cowboy's blood and don't see the front office pulling the trigger on this move.

Jipper

Reaction score
An injury is almost a given. Our 4th linebacker will see starting time, signing a vet like him to play over a scrub like Wilson is necessary.

Fair assessment but it's got to be the right value...also sounds like something was off with the guy getting released like he was

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
wondering the asking price for Kendricks? Could be too rich for the Cowboy's blood and don't see the front office pulling the trigger on this move.

Sadly, that's possible, but, imo, he's the best LB available as a FA.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
How do you figure? LVE is a rookie, Jaylon Smith isn’t a proven starter. Sean Lee hasn’t finished a 16 game season, and we have no starting SLB.

Yup, I think LVE will be fine as he gets experience, but he IS a rookie. To expect him to turn into Ray Lewis immediately is a bit overblown (though, it'd be great if he does). We know what our defense is like when Lee's out, and the jury is still out on Jaylon. It's unwise to go into a season unprepared, and Kendricks would be a good insurance policy for our LBer group.

Jipper

Reaction score
I beg to differ. Our linebacking core is seriously lacking depth. Kendricks is a difference maker. I'd sign him in a heartbeat.

I didn't say anything about depth...i said starters and I would not be averse to bringing the guys in but the reason he was released has in part to do with wanting to be a 3 down player....im not paying starter money to a 2 down player to be a backup which is what he wants and a good reason why Philly released him....

Would like to have the guy but only for the right contract which is likely not going to happen since he views himself as a starter

MojaveJT

Reaction score
I would be ecstatic if we could sign Kendricks. The bigger question is would he even consider signing with us?