Twitter: Eagles releasing LB Kendricks

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So the great Howie couldn't get even a 7th rounder for him? I'm told all offseason how the great Howie would never let a player ago without getting compensation for him.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I don't post much. Mostly just read. I used to read the DC.com forums. And I recognize a lot of the names on here from there.

I pass the time between the end of OTAs and beginning of TC by reading message boards of division rivals and upcoming opponents for the season. It helps pass the down time.
Your keyboard shorted out...
Check on that.
I know you typed "and you're my favorite.", but the sucker wasn't working at that moment. Could be a real drag later, when you're typing something less important to someone more important in your life.
Someone more important... lol.

Corso

Reaction score
So the great Howie couldn't get even a 7th rounder for him? I'm told all offseason how the great Howie would never let a player ago without getting compensation for him.
I'd like to see what he could trade Chaz Green for...
Two high 2nd rounders, at least. Right @millennial_legend ?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Eagles released SLB Mychal Kendricks.
Kendricks was designated as a post-June 1 release, clearing $6 million in cap space while leaving behind $1.6 million in dead money. The move comes after the Eagles (again) failed to find a trade partner for their two-down thumper. Kendricks wanted to play all three downs. Going on 28, Kendricks had one of his best seasons in 2018. Provided he's healthy — Kendricks is recovering from an ankle scope — he won't be on the open market for long. Linebacker is a position of need for the Eagles. May 22 - 3:43 PM
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And you think that this team will sign him to be a bench linebacker.

Even more "amazing"...
:facepalm:

Well well if it isn't the man who would make Dak King....
Ok King of the Dak-bot nation lol no way he plays the bench but trying to explain this to you who has Dak and Jaylon going to the HOF one day is a useless waste of time....GL bud have a feeling you will need it....

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok King of the Dak-bot nation lol no way he plays the bench but trying to explain this to you who has Dak and Jaylon going to the HOF one day is a useless waste of time....GL bud have a feeling you will need it....

Good luck to you as well. Mr. "Sign everybody!"

You should have a big Kendricks signing party! Invite all of your friends. Oh wait...

Corso

Reaction score
Good luck to you as well. Mr. "Sign everybody!"

You should have a big Kendricks signing party! Invite all of your friends. Oh wait...
I used my Jack Burton gif too soon... dangit!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Howie just won a Super Bowl.

Check.

Mate.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
There are many here in the whatever-we-do-is-the-right-move boat.

Some here in the sign everyone who comes available boat and a few who don't think any player is worth signing.

It should always come down to:

Is the player available?
Does he makes us better?
Can we afford him?

With Kendricks, he marks off the first two, but Stephen has been so tight with money lately that 3 is almost always no. We want players to give us a bargain and then brag how we are the most valuable slash popular franchise in the world. We are basically Walmart.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
An injury is almost a given. Our 4th linebacker will see starting time, signing a vet like him to play over a scrub like Wilson is necessary.

It's funny how Wilson was a fan favorite and emerging player before last season and now he's a "scrub".

Kendricks would likely have to wait for an injury to start, and we really only play out of our base 40% of snaps so it could take two injuries before he starts.

How much are you willing to pay to sign him?

DiResta

Reaction score
they have 3 starting linebackers
1 of the young guys would ride the bench if sign Kendricks because he wants to start
if you go nickle 2 of your young guys will ride the bench
you will have all your youth invested through the draft riding the bench while paying a premium for this guy, and for all we know our young guys may be better a few games into the year
then you have Joe Thomas the low cost but capable vet they signed specifically to cover any of your starters missing plus Damien Wilson who i guess you now cut
and dont forget all the young linebackers just signed like Joel Lanning who could be very good depth guys

they dont need Kendricks right now
and of course they look at these guys when they become available but they wont spend premium money on a young (age is like 21-22 without Lee) group that is deep and competitive