Twitter: Eagles releasing LB Kendricks

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'm not convinced that Ash will make the 53 and he certainly doesn't cost anywhere close to what Hankins is asking for in money.

The point of Ash is that he's been getting a roster spot as a big fatty. Not Marinelli's supposed 1tech type. I think he's open to bigger guys who aren't quite as quick. Price was another big one we brought on.

LittleD

Reaction score
The point of Ash is that he's been getting a roster spot as a big fatty. Not Marinelli's supposed 1tech type. I think he's open to bigger guys who aren't quite as quick. Price was another big one we brought on.

Price showed me he can penetrate last year before he got hurt. I think they view Malik Collins as the future at 1tech. The FO has never spent big money on that position though.
They just don't view 1tech or safety as positions to spend big bucks on.

BigD_95

Reaction score

Since we may be looking for LB help, I figured it’s worth it to talk about especially since it’s a NFC East team.

He probably wants to start though.

we have the cap space. Offer him top dollar for a 1 year deal. No use having all that cap space just so the Jones can pocket that extra cash.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Kendricks, but he's just third on my pecking order of players I'd like to see us get.

1. Earl Thomas (if not, then Tre Boston)
2. Jonathan Hankins
3. Kendricks

Hankins wasn't on our draft board b/c he doesn't fit what Marinelli wants at DT. He doesn't like 1-tech guys. No way we sign him.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At least you understand why it won't happen. Stephen won't sign any of these guys because they either want big bucks or don't fit out scheme.
Marrinelli doesn't like Hankins at all because he isn't quick twitch. Boston wants big money and is more of a SS type. There are probably good
reasons the Egals are letting Kendricks go. Why do all of the zoners on this board covet other teams cast offs so much...???

Yeah, get rid of our own players for a lesser castoff. Seems about right. LOL.
As I said before, I believe they won't sign any vet players until a few weeks into TC if they do not like what they see from who we have now.

Though I would not mind it if they signed any of those 3, but yes, I certainly do understand why not for several reasons...1st they like who we have and 2nd the money...well, maybe the money 1st. LOL.

But as much as I would not mind any of them, I am just fine without them also at this point. But can't wait until Marinelli is gone with his "quick twitch" BS, and the non emphasis on the 1 tech. Actually I can't wait for this style of D to be gone altogether or some changes made.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Except it's true. The 1995 Super Bowl roster was 80% players that Jimmy signed, drafted, or traded for. Jimmy was being considered by several NFL teams, including the pre-Jerry owned Cowboys. They played together at Arkansas. Jerry wasn't some savant here. He hired a coveted college coach who he had a personal relationship with. Jimmy wasn't forced to draft Aikman. Troy Aikman was the clear cut #1 pick that year. When Dallas and Green Bay played late the season before, it was nicknamed the "Aikman Bowl".

Jimmy won a national championship before Jerry, and took a mediocre Dolphins team to 3 straight playoff appearances after Jerry. Something Jerry's teams have yet to accomplish since Jimmy's departure.

Keep spinning it but GM Jerry's teams have gone 23 years without a conference championship game appearance. He is only respected in NFL lexicon as a business man. Outside of some Fan Boys, he is not a respected football man. He has been routinely beat in trades before Stephen started taking more control. Jerry literally had to be stopped from drafting Johnny Manziel over Zack Martin and was so upset about it, he gave an opening week interview on how much he wanted Manziel.
Jimmy wasn't hired by ANY NFL team before Jerry. Basic facts.
He and Jerry chose each other.

Jimmy took 3 average Miami teams to the playoffs with average records. Cowboys fans tell us 9-7 is awful. Keep up.
The Dolphins won 19 games in the 2 years before Jimmy was hired and then 17 in his first 2 seasons. They were mediocre and stayed mediocre.

Jimmy wanted Steve Walsh over Troy Aikman. You can't say anything about QBs as related to Jimmy. The solitary good one he ever drafted was forced on him by Ackles/Jerry.

The 1995 team had a leading passer of Aikman, a leading receiver of Irvin and a RG names Larry Allen that was a rookie Non-Jimmy draftee.
It also had this CB named Deion Sanders who was signed away form San Francisco.
So 4 Hall of Famers weren't even Jimmy added players.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I actually wouldn't be opposed to this... I am curious as to why they cut him though?
money. and he had asked for trade already because he wanted to start.

both reasons he isn't a fit here.
he wants a starting spot and at least 5m a year.

Flamma

Reaction score
we have the cap space. Offer him top dollar for a 1 year deal. No use having all that cap space just so the Jones can pocket that extra cash.

I don't know that we do have the cap space. That cap space you see is only counting our top 51 players. Once you add the draft choices we're actually over the cap by 2M. So we won't be keeping all of them.

Philly right now is the only team over the top 51 cap.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
people don't understand how many things the eagles had go right last year and how many have been going wrong thus far this year.
that championship is forever but man oh man they have turned that into a 1 year window.
they are over NEXT year's cap already and will have to pay Foles or trade him soon enough.

kendricks was overpaid but man they have far less LB depth than Dallas now.

Exactly.

And they're world champions now, so everyone wants to get paid.
It's the reason pro dynasties are unusual, and winning it all even once usually requires some good fortune.

Without budgetary constraint, viability is likely unsustainable...........at least that's what I tell my wife.

cern

Reaction score
i wouldn't mind trying to see if we could make a deal for him. sean lee will probably miss his usual 4-6 games. Jaylon's still a gamble. rookie in the middle. then what? Damien Wilson? worth a try.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The 1995 team had a leading passer of Aikman, a leading receiver of Irvin and a RG names Larry Allen that was a rookie Non-Jimmy draftee.

Aikman was the clear cut #1 pick. Every team would have drafted him. By your logic, Jerry shouldn't get credit for Irvin or Aikman really either since he inherited Irvin and the team with the #1 overall pick. Jimmy wanted to sign Deion before he left the Cowboys. He has said so and so has Deion. There is footage of Jimmy telling Deion before a game to give him a shot before he decides anything.

Larry Allen was a great pick and Jerry deserves 100% credit on him. The rest of the 90's Super Bowl success falls on Jimmy. You can keep pretending it doesn't but go back and watch the interviews and read the many books on the subject. Jimmy had complete control of personnel. Jerry was the guy peaking over his shoulder. Jerry's jealousy and need for credit is what led to the parting and derailed a team that might have won 4 or 5 Super Bowls in a row.

23 years in a row Jerry has proved to everyone he is not a championship-caliber GM. You might be happy with franchise value but I grew up in an era where the Dallas Cowboys competed for Lombardi's.

cern

Reaction score
Jimmy wasn't hired by ANY NFL team before Jerry. Basic facts.
He and Jerry chose each other.

Jimmy took 3 average Miami teams to the playoffs with average records. Cowboys fans tell us 9-7 is awful. Keep up.
The Dolphins won 19 games in the 2 years before Jimmy was hired and then 17 in his first 2 seasons. They were mediocre and stayed mediocre.

Jimmy wanted Steve Walsh over Troy Aikman. You can't say anything about QBs as related to Jimmy. The solitary good one he ever drafted was forced on him by Ackles/Jerry.

jimmy took over the worst team in football, and in 5 years won as many superbowls as landry did in 29 years. when jimmy left, he left behind a great team able to win another superbowl 2 years later. when landry left (was fired) he left behind the worst team in football. glean from that what you will.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I actually wouldn't be opposed to this... I am curious as to why they cut him though?
Me too, especially now considering Worrilow just tore his ACL, unless he was released slightly before the Worrilow injury.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Progress. Stopper. We like what we have. Blah blah blah.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Paul Worrilow, one of their targeted FA acquisitions this offseason, if you are unfamiliar with him you can google him.
Paul Worrilow signed a 1 year, $880,000 contract with the Philadelphia Eagles, including a $90,000 signing bonus, $90,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $880,000. In 2018, Worrilow will earn a base salary of $790,000 and a signing bonus of $90,000, while carrying a cap hit of $720,000 and a dead cap value of $90,000.
Not saying he was a major hit, but he just might have been added because the Eagles saw the writing on the wall with Kendricks.... that's all.