Eagles sign NT Javon Hargrave

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
They should still be able to pass protect and run over anyone. Im
And eagles fans will say with as much money as theyve put into two DTs no one should be able to run up the middle on them. Doesnt make it true. At the End of the day it doesnt matter how high a player was picked in the draft, or how much money they make. These guys are human with strengths and weaknesses. Each week is a different matchup, and almost never will a player win every positional matchup through a 16 game schedule.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And every year we field a team that has some noticeable holes that could have been filled with key FAs.

This year is even more impressive because they have good FAs of their own and haven’t signed one key one yet.

Welcome to watching the NFL. That’s how it works.

Dallas generally has a deeper team than most. They go about it a certain way, and it’s not changing anytime soon.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Sounds great. Eagles secondary was the problem for them last year on D though. And WR on offense. Dallas has a good roster. I'm not sweating Philly. I am sweating getting this Cooper deal done.

I am sweating the egirls, especially after that last game with everything at stake and could not muster a TD against that D, and now they have gotten even stronger up the middle.

BigD_95

Reaction score
I am sweating the egirls, especially after that last game with everything at stake and could not muster a TD against that D, and now they have gotten even stronger up the middle.

That loss had everything to do with Garrett's ineptitude, and he's gone. Coaching matters and Dallas improved in that area. Mike McCarthy was the first free agent pickup of 2020.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And eagles fans will say with as much money as theyve put into two DTs no one should be able to run up the middle on them. Doesnt make it true. At the End of the day it doesnt matter how high a player was picked in the draft, or how much money they make. These guys are human with strengths and weaknesses. Each week is a different matchup, and almost never will a player win every positional matchup through a 16 game schedule.
They will say that and be wrong. They will be stout in the middle for sure. Give me Collins and Tyron on the outside.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cobb and Quinn were second tier guys. And we didn’t have cap space to burn either.

But you guys keep making excuses for a plan that fails year after year.
Free agency is full of second tier guys. And they don’t have cap space to burn. Sign Dak and Amari and then go from there.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
you don't see us rebuilding? We already were on Defense. Now it seems the offense needs it too. Look at who we haven't signed or resigned and tell me we are not rebuilding? Now can that change with a couple very nice moves? YUP...but until that happens, it is what it is.

The defense needs some players, no question about that. To some extent that is rebuilding. But its like the we have no one there. Offense is stacked. We will have to see about Cooper.

Tussinman

Reaction score
we were NEVER gonna sign hargrave.
Agreed. We where never in play for Hargrave

Good starters in the 4 to 8 million a year range like Danny Shelton (NE), Jordan Phillips (BUF), Shelby Harris (DEN), Bea Allen (Tampa), Michael Pierce (BAL) are more what the cowboys would realistically sign

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
The entire division will lap us soon. Eagles, Giants, and Skins.

okay I get the point about the Eagles but the Giants and Commanders need to finish a season above 4 wins before everyone starts trolling about free agency

also I’m genuinely less concerned about these moves because we have a real football coach that knows how to game plan against it. Let’s not forget the Eagles have NOTHING for talent in the back 7.... especially with Jenkins on his way out

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Agreed. We where never in play for Hargrave

Good starters in the 4 to 8 million a year range like Danny Shelton (NE), Jordan Phillips (BUF), Shelby Harris (DEN), Bea Allen (Tampa), Michael Pierce (BAL) are more what the cowboys would realistically sign

Anything over what we have now would be an improvement.