Eagles signed LBer Zack Brown

BigD49

Reaction score
I never said anything about one team's culture being better or not.

But you are naive to discount the possibility that players that are socially active and have major causes they push would be reluctant to sign with an organization that has a reputation for wanting to stifle that.
Really don't think this applies to anyone but the small % of players that have the luxury of picking what team they would like to receive their payday from...most players like Brown probably just happy to get a contract

Southern0005

Reaction score
whatever dude, you just hate Jerry.
Typical crap.
You have no idea how that culture is. Unless you worked or seen it 1st hand.

I know a lady that her fiancé worked in the FO for Jerry during the 90's. Unfortunately he was killed in an accident. He had 3 SB rings from them. She has one of them, and has shown it to me. She still keeps it in a Safety Deposit box.

She showed me pictures and told me stories from Jerry's Christmas parties for the team at his house. She says it at least at that time was a great atmosphere. He is very loyal to everyone that works for the team, and players.

You can believe or not, I really don't care. But unless you can state why you are correct first hand, then just be quiet.
So why did Parcells come here if no coach wants to be a puppet coach? I would bet Jason tells Jerry very strongly his opinions. Noy just sit back and says ok Jerry.
After all, if it is a Jones' culture and Garrett is part of that. Then wouldn't as family members often do speak up to each other.
I don't hate anyone. I give proof based on what I see around me. Go look at any media outlet "Jones says this team..." or "Jerry thinks this team..." That shows he has to headline everything so he is the key decision maker that hasn't really made good decisions since the salary cap. I have never seen "Lurie says". Only other owner to make a headline is Kraft when he gets a massage.To be honest no owner I have ever seen has to be front and center like Jerry. He could throw the best Christmas parties ever and still not know what he is doing with his personnel.

Sydla

Reaction score
Really don't think this applies to anyone but the small % of players that have the luxury of picking what team they would like to receive their payday from...most players like Brown probably just happy to get a contract

Note, I am not talking about Brown specifically. Someone brought up the general concept of players and how some won't choose the Cowboys for certain reasons. I was just responding that it is likely true that some players might have little interest in Dallas if they are socially active and that might come in conflict with how Jerry wants to run his team. I agree in that it's largely not a significant number of players.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Eagles just sign whoever they want

Excellent move
Yeah. It has been a excellent move for the Titans, Commanders, and now Eagles. I was hoping he held out until mini-camps were over and Lee gets injured again.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Reminds me of their 2017 off season. Signing whomever they want and teams trading them decent players for nothing. Cannot beat it if they win it again.

Sydla

Reaction score
The Eagles' LBers are so bad, he could end up starting.

Bad would be an understatement. If Brown hadn't been signed, their starting MLB would have been Fort or Grugier-Hill.

To put it another way for Cowboys fans, that would be like us having to start Chris Covington at MLB.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Brown will go to the Eagles and play well. If we signed him, this place would be propping him up - heck, there were people already talking about wanting to sign him a few weeks ago here LOL

It's a good signing, Eagles just got better. Remember, they just got a Super Bowl a little over a year ago - maybe, just maybe, they know what they are doing.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I will give the iggles some due respect.Brown is a decent signing. Kudos for that. BUT...its not gonna be near enough for them. They have some major work to do on that defense to get it up to snuff. Only thing I question is Browns consistency and want to at times. Prolly why he is on like his 3rd team.

mcmvp

Reaction score
yeah...Jerry Jones culture issues are less and less of an issue these days because me thinks the front office is more or less pushing him to the background. It has been very telling. He's more of a pitch man these days than a meat and potatoes guy. The day to day ops are left to others. Stevie has delegated much of that t others..THANK GOD. lol

It amazes me that some people believe this. A man with Jerry’s ego does not just get pushed into the background. This is his show still

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
While trying to not get banned, I think politics absolutely plays a role in why some players may not look at the Cowboys as a destination unless Jerry pays out the nose, which we know they don't do in FA anyway. For example, Malcolm Jenkins in Philadelphia is pretty socially active. He gave an interview a few years back when the ownership/players on the field politics thing collided. He admitted that he'd be reluctant to sign with certain teams based on how their ownership and front office allow expression, etc. He said there are a few players that feel that way.

I doubt the number is significant but I suspect there are players who would be reluctant to sign here given what Jerry stands for. The converse to that is the Cowboys likely won't sign players for similar reasons.
Are you saying players would rather play in the hood in Philly, then a cattle ranch in Texas?

It is quite humorous watching folks dance around the subject when it all comes back to race.