Eagles TE Dallas Goedert sent to hospital after sucker punch

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Airlifted?

Jeez must be serious

Likely because he cracked his head on the way down, the nearest hospital wouldn't have been able to manage a potential brain bleed, and it's too far to send an ambulance.

If you're at a critical access facility and you need emergent care, you can almost guarantee you'll be flown in.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Some of the biggest dudes have glass jaws, they are used to avoiding things by intimidation. When that don't work weeellllll….
:laugh:
I'm sure you know this, but a "glass jaw" has nothing to do with toughness.
No amount of toughness or training can prevent the brain from shutting down if the jaw is hit right....it just causes more movement of the brain for some people more than others.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
If its been longer than 72 hours, I probably forgot how. I'm thinking I found his full name and relative location (Florida) from the original reporting and then just did a Google search that showed a hit from one of those sites that traffic in arrest records.

How'd a Floridian wind up in South Dakota? Step into a black hole on the beach?

jrumann59

Reaction score
:laugh:
I'm sure you know this, but a "glass jaw" has nothing to do with toughness.
No amount of toughness or training can prevent the brain from shutting down if the jaw is hit right....it just causes more movement of the brain for some people more than others.
Yes a lot of times "big" dudes are also not expecting to catch one. They expect the "little" guy to turn tail and run. So when one does catch a punch a lot of time the body is not in the position to absorb a punch either.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
How'd a Floridian wind up in South Dakota? Step into a black hole on the beach?

Story goes he was there doing something for a car dealership he worked for in Florida (now used to work for) .... which seems really weird unless they were delivering a car to some guy working in the oil business up there or something....