Eagles trade for RB Jordan Howard

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
I like the part about Wentz’ floor being Dak’s ceiling. That was rich.

wentz's backup has twice now come in due to an injury and has outplayed wentz both times.
maybe a big part of it is the scheme and the bailout TE in Ertz.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
He's 24 years old!! That's highway robbery for the Eagles. His numbers have declined at that age tells me it's not him, it's the people in front of him. I'm with the bear fans and criticizing Bears management what were they thinking giving him up for a 6. That's as dumb as a move as the Eagles when they let Jackson walk away for nothing.

blueblood70

Reaction score

collusion between old friends giving away player for peanuts...just saying theress been some president in the nba for not letting trades happen that seem below board..odd Eagles seem to find these DEALS more then anyone.. also ironic none heard Howard was even on the block.. hey Bro says Nagy lets grab some coffee, Pederson replies hey let me grab that check and Howard for a 6th " ..right on good luck :))

blueblood70

Reaction score
Id like to write Howard off like some of you but id say it was a solid pick up for eagles, stole him really, id say a4th would have been fair..t wont keep me up nights worrying as SB, AP/Guiss, and Zeke are all better and will keep DC up at night..Howard and that other guy wont..they are solid..

dckid

Reaction score

This is the Eagles doing Eagles things. Love this move for them, hate it as a Cowboy fan.
They just solved their RB problem without spending any money. Howard is a very good RB and the Bears offense just didn't fit for him. Being a football fan I never understood why they were not using him last year.
Howie Roseman does it again. Traded for a distressed asset, will only pay him 2 million. This will give him a chance to rebuild his rep and a reasonable second contract.

Just to play devils advocate, I would have loved to have Jalen Ramsey & Howard over Zeke... Don't jump down my throat.. but that is what smart teams do.
Paying a big contract to an RB just does not make sense.. Zeke is special I understand but I really think he has a limited shelf life based on how we use him. I don't see him being effective at 28 years old.
I don't think I want to pay Zeke the Gurley contract. Either pay him right now @ a reasonable deal and use him like we are currently projecting and be done with it. Don't let this year play out and then exercise the 5th option and then give him a new contract.
My approach would appease the player and pay him when he is still productive.

Sydla

Reaction score
He's a solid pick up for them but he's not elite or great by any stretch.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Good trade for the Eagles, I would have made that trade for us.
Smart teams use late draft picks to grab proven contributors like the two trades today

Hopefully our FO continues doing so

Howard isnt a beast, but he's also not 3.7 ypc bad some of yall are latching onto.

Eagles and Cowboys are both going to be tough teams to beat

Sydla

Reaction score
Good trade for the Eagles, I would have made that trade for us.
Smart teams use late draft picks to grab proven contributors like the two trades today

Hopefully our FO continues doing so

Howard isnt a beast, but he's also not 3.7 ypc bad some of yall are latching onto.

Eagles and Cowboys are both going to be tough teams to beat

They have a good OL and now a decent grouping of RBs.

It would behoove us to add another great DT IMO. They'd never do this but I'd still kick the tires on Suh and see what Tampa might want for McCoy in a trade.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I believe the Cowboys and Eagles are playing one up each other bi-weekly with thee announcements and know its a 2 horse race in the East this season.. Im betting the Cowboys go back to offering Duke Johnson and maybe someone else in soon for RB2...book it

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe the Cowboys and Eagles are playing one up each other bi-weekly with thee announcements and know its a 2 horse race in the East this season.. Im betting the Cowboys go back to offering Duke Johnson and maybe someone else in soon for RB2...book it

I think our FA this year is over. Or at least until after the draft.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think our FA this year is over. Or at least until after the draft.

I had a dream last night.

We traded Lawrence for a late first and a 4th.

We signed Ansah for much cheaper than Lawrence.

We flipped a future 6th for Gerald McCoy

DE - Ansah, Taco
DT - Collins, Crawford
DT - McCoy, Woods
DE - Quinn, Armstrong

Try to run on that Howard.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
They have a good OL and now a decent grouping of RBs.

It would behoove us to add another great DT IMO. They'd never do this but I'd still kick the tires on Suh and see what Tampa might want for McCoy in a trade.
I don't think their OL is that great. Arguably their best player is recovering from a torn Achilles, and their left tackle is 110 and injury prone nowadays.

I would say the happiest player on the Eagles is Carson Wentz. He's got his LeGarrette Blount back in Howard. Last time they had a back the caliber of Howard Wentz was on his way to league MVP. He's not the typical back the Eagles usually use so I expect them to draft a guy like Montgomery somewhere in the first few rounds.

I do agree with, or without Howard we need to continue bolstering our DT position. Making teams one-dimensional go a long way to having a great defense.