Eagles trade for RB Jordan Howard

Rayman70

Reaction score
the iggles did a good job stealing him from the bears for a measly 6. Lets give them cred on that. Think they badly needed a thumper like him to grind out yards in chunkage. lol... Which means our defense has to be bigger,better in the middle. We need that big bubba fat boy in the middle. For me now, free agency is done and I'm looking at drafting our big boy in the middle at 58..or a safety at 58. Either way, we need both.

Londonboy

Reaction score
I had a dream last night.

We traded Lawrence for a late first and a 4th.

We signed Ansah for much cheaper than Lawrence.

We flipped a future 6th for Gerald McCoy

DE - Ansah, Taco
DT - Collins, Crawford
DT - McCoy, Woods
DE - Quinn, Armstrong

Try to run on that Howard.
I had a Nightmare.
Our Opening Day DL was.
DE Quinn, Armstrong
DT Collins, Crawford
DT Woods, Covington
DE Taco, Hyder

Luckily I woke up and realised Our HOF GM wouldn't let that happen.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
I've already stated that he's been between 12th-5th most carries all three years, so it's obviously not due to just volume for him being 3rd highest.

Yards after contact tells you he's getting hit before he can get going? That makes absolutely no sense.

It makes perfect sense if you think for a second. Guys whose lines are bad are allowing ball carriers to be contacted by the defense early and often. Guys who don't have much elusiveness or are slow to hit holes get contacted earlier and more often. Contact is not just defined as a tackle attempt/wrap up, it's ANY contact. so it stands to reason that guys who have bad lines or aren't very shifty get more of their yards after contact. The graphic that i edited into the post does a good job of illustrating that.

Jordan Howard is just a guy. There's a reason why he lost so many touches to Tarik Cohen last year. I'm not scared that philly acquired him. He's their Alfred Morris.

Hadenough

Reaction score
the iggles did a good job stealing him from the bears for a measly 6. Lets give them cred on that. Think they badly needed a thumper like him to grind out yards in chunkage. lol... Which means our defense has to be bigger,better in the middle. We need that big bubba fat boy in the middle. For me now, free agency is done and I'm looking at drafting our big boy in the middle at 58..or a safety at 58. Either way, we need both.
Nice unbiased post! The did do a good job getting stealing him. It always seems when the Eagles or Giants do something it was dumb but the Cowboys do it and it's a great move.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Just saw this. I won't lie, it's a good trade, a steal. Why would they trade Howard?? That guy is a beast.
Howard wasn't a great fit in the new offense, was getting de-emphasized, and was probably going to leave.
nice value for Philly.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Absolutely. And if you think he has a 3.7 yoc behind our line.... Well... Nevermind you don't understand.
Our line that at times consisted of

Joe Looney
A hobbled Zack Martin
Cam Flemming
Xavier Suo Filo
Connor Turnstyle Williams

Same line that Zeke still managed to run for 4.7 ypc and a rushing title

Yea, the whole Zeke is a product of our o-line theory died last season. Try again buddy

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score

Joe Looney
A hobbled Zack Martin
Cam Flemming
Xavier Suo Filo

Yea, the whole Zeke is a product of our o-line theory died last season. Try again buddy
Wait you're really going to try and make the argument that our run blocking is subpar?

Also this conversation wasn't just Zeke vs. Howard. It was Zeke and Brown vs. Howard and Ramsey. The latter conversation is massively better.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

Joe Looney
A hobbled Zack Martin
Cam Flemming
Xavier Suo Filo

It's funny because you don't look it at that way when it comes to Dak lmaooooo

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Zeke ypc: 4.7
Howard ypc: 4.3

One has played behind a significantly worse Oline than the other the last three seasons.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Wait you're really going to try and make the argument that our run blocking is subpar?

Also this conversation wasn't just Zeke vs. Howard. It was Zeke and Brown vs. Howard and Ramsey. The latter conversation is massively better.
Chicago graded out as the superior o-line this past season and Tarik Cohen ran for 4.5 ypc

Imagine Dallas trading either Zeke or Brown for a late round pick

Rayman70

Reaction score
Philly had a very nice offseason with free agency, with one MAJOR BLUNDER...they let Foles go to the Jags and didn't keep him. HE IS ..WAS, THEIR BEST QB. That may prove to be their fatal mistake as they head into the season.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Chicago graded out as the superior o-line this past season and Tarik Cohen ran for 4.5 ypc

Imagine Dallas trading either Zeke or Brown for a late round pick
This team would trade Brown for a late round pick yesterday if he had value. He can't even get on the field for us.

And you're proving my point. The fact that Tarik Cohen and Patrick Lindsay and Cj Anderson stories exist and every) exist every year is exactly why Zeke is a joke at 4.

C42

Reaction score
Philly had a very nice offseason with free agency, with one MAJOR BLUNDER...they let Foles go to the Jags and didn't keep him. HE IS ..WAS, THEIR BEST QB. That may prove to be their fatal mistake as they head into the season.
Lol, so instead of keeping Graham, Peters, signing Jackson, bringing back DJax...

You'd rather re-sign a backup QB?