Eagles trade for RB Jordan Howard

Rayman70

Reaction score
Lol, so instead of keeping Graham, Peters, signing Jackson, bringing back DJax...

You'd rather re-sign a backup QB?
he won a SB...HE EARNED THE RESPECT AND SHOULD HAVE REMAINED THERE.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jay Ajai is toast.He has bad knees..so they had to do something. Clement is a change of pace guy and Adams has some upside and shown flashes. Howard is a 3-4 yard cloud of dust back that runs very well between the tackles

C42

Reaction score
he won a SB...HE EARNED THE RESPECT AND SHOULD HAVE REMAINED THERE.
He’s a back up for a reason. Doug had to simplify the playbook both years for a reason. Foles is too streaky to be a star, but he’s proven he’s good enough to win when he’s hot. He’s no Wentz.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He’s a back up for a reason. Doug had to simplify the playbook both years for a reason. Foles is too streaky to be a star, but he’s proven he’s good enough to win when he’s hot. He’s no Wentz.
Wentz couldn't get it done. HE DID. The team for whatever reason, rallied around Foles and the chemistry was obvious for most to see. This was one decision that may haunt the iggles. Never keep a player based on contract status or where you drafted him. Put the best fit for the team on the field.

Rayman70

Reaction score
One of the best coaches in the league says otherwise and had Foles as his backup. He’s given me no reason not to trust him.
He just kept the wrong guy. Coaches DO make mistakes all the time...they are human.

Rayman70

Reaction score
watch the Jags this year with Foles as opposed to Philly. Lets talk who got the better QB come week 8. Fair enough?

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Their OL is pretty good. Their RT is one of the best in the league, their center is one of the best in the league and despite being old, their LT still can play just a bit. If Brooks is healthy, and there is no reason to think he's not, their OL will be good again.
I'll give you right tackle, but Peter's is a shell of his former self, often injured, and they don't have a guard to pair with Brooks. Brooks won't be the same after an Achilles tear. He's a road grader, and won't be 100% when the season starts. The center is undersized and get pushed around by physical DTs. He's old now and won't be getting any better. His best commodity is his brain and ability to manage the line, but physicality is subpar for an NFL center. I don't think they were good last year, and I think they'll be even worse this year.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
watch the Jags this year with Foles as opposed to Philly. Lets talk who got the better QB come week 8. Fair enough?
Nick Foles is not Carson Wentz. In fact they aren't even close, and I'm a Foles fan who wanted him on our team. He is a fantastic backup, and seemingly nerves of steel in big games, but I don't think he can take a team to the playoffs playing 16 games. I think it could very well be a very ugly year for the Jaguars, and Foles.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Nick Foles is not Carson Wentz. In fact they aren't even close, and I'm a Foles fan who wanted him on our team. He is a fantastic backup, and seemingly nerves of steel in big games, but I don't think he can take a team to the playoffs playing 16 games. I think it could very well be a very ugly year for the Jaguars, and Foles.
we shall see

Birdgang

Reaction score
wentz's backup has twice now come in due to an injury and has outplayed wentz both times.
maybe a big part of it is the scheme and the bailout TE in Ertz.

Funny because Foles through more to Ertz then Wentz did. It was a misconception which people chose to ignore .... then just kept with it even proven wrong . Funny I think it was Witt that corrected everyone on live TV when he was man-crushing on him. It was kinda awkward

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Funny because Foles through more to Ertz then Wentz did. It was a misconception which people chose to ignore .... then just kept with it even proven wrong . Funny I think it was Witt that corrected everyone on live TV when he was man-crushing on him. It was kinda awkward
Wentz wasn't hitting Jeffries, and I believe that caused a rift that we heard about after the season. It reminded me of the Romo Witten love affair that upset other teammates because Witt was getting too many balls according to some.

C42

Reaction score
Wentz couldn't get it done. HE DID. The team for whatever reason, rallied around Foles and the chemistry was obvious for most to see. This was one decision that may haunt the iggles. Never keep a player based on contract status or where you drafted him. Put the best fit for the team on the field.
So give Foles and big contract and lose Graham, Peters, and not be able to sign Malik or DeSean Jackson instead of getting all those pieces and riding with Wentz on his rookie deal.

Glad you’re not the GM.

Birdgang

Reaction score
Wentz wasn't hitting Jeffries, and I believe that caused a rift that we heard about after the season. It reminded me of the Romo Witten love affair that upset other teammates because Witt was getting too many balls according to some.

see that was just rumors , check the stats . Wentz when AJ came back " Missed games offseason surgery " He Threw more times a game to AJ then Foles. Wentz spread it around really well .... but the Ertz stood out as he was a cant miss target. I actually fell for same rumor until the stats were put side by side. Last year so many variables went into what went on , the biggest people to blame are the FO and Coaching staff. Had SB hangover , Too many injuries , then rushed back said, players. We will see if its fixed this year , if not .... well stat over again .