Eagles tried to stop Cowboys and Lions from hosting Thanksgiving Day games

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This isn’t the first time a team has complained about thevCowboys and Lions getting the Thanksgiving gigs. Some have wanted it where the Cowboys and Lions don’t automatically get to play on Thanksgiving at all, and are just in a rotation with the other 32 teams.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Easy there bro, as that "Hunt"clan got very old and intertwining roots with my mothers maiden clans given handle side of the family tree (that's been traced back to 1630 from a ship outta' Ireland)

There was no disrespect by it, it is a fact he tried that for a long time but nothing happened other than the NFL added a third game and rotating different teams.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Embarrassing for them that they had to pull the proposal because they knew it wasn’t going to pass.

You’d think before proposing something like that, you’d make sure you had some support.

Fwed

Reaction score
Laugh all you want, but a built in home short week game (followed by a mini bye) is an unfair advantage Detroit and Dallas have. It should be rectified.

Fwed

Reaction score
Embarrassing for them that they had to pull the proposal because they knew it wasn’t going to pass.

You’d think before proposing something like that, you’d make sure you had some support.
It probably has a lot of support but was pressured down by the league.

Fwed

Reaction score
Maybe if we win like 90% of the time they would have a point, but that is not true.

It’s not a competitive advantage, we lose fairly regularly on Thanksgiving
Omg it certainly is a competitive advantage spread over two weeks.

Fwed

Reaction score
What's their issue here? Jealousy?

I mean its not like either team gets an extra home game. And sometimes, that T-giving game doesn't work out well for us if the league schedules us for a late Sunday road game. Then we play on T-giving on a shortened week.

And the Eagles shouldn't be *****ing about anything. They have gotten their own gifts. Last year, they only played 7 true road games, playing the 8th game in London against the Jags.
Sydla you are better than this. Advantage 1, you play at home on a 4 day week. Advantage 2, you get a mini bye before your next game.

And don’t give me one year aberrations as a counter argument.

silvernblu

Reaction score
As neither a Lions or Cowboys fan ( or a hater of either team) I think they should keep the tradition of the Lions playing the early game and the Cowboys the late afternoon game. I don't believe there's a big competitive adantage. I suppose that they could swap the times of the games but Detroit and Dallas should keep the game they've had for as long as I can remember.

It was a competitive advantage before the bye week and weekly Thursday games came about.

Now I think it’s a bit of a detriment to have you Thursday game so late in the season.

That said, Turkey, cranberry, pumpkin pie, and Cowboys football is Thanksgiving.

I never even watch the Lions game. Or the dumb nfl network night game.

408Cowboy

Reaction score

It's a cry for attention.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
It's a cry for attention.
Or ,,,and this is as obvious as yer'( choose whatever, just keep it to yerself) it's the Flaming mountain top funeral pyre they've struck a match to,CLEARLY signifying THEIR COCKROACH LIKE RETREAT BACK TO THEIR rightfully owned shadowed plains of inconsequential oblivion (researching the zip code comes up as: Nowhereville, while Horton's Whoville lies due west across buzzard crap canyon, which thankfully, have their own zip code,ya know,,,o_O )

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
It's only a matter of time before Thanksgiving changes.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Scumbags. We have a Thanksgiving Day game because we agreed to do it back when no one else wanted to.