Eagles tried to stop Cowboys and Lions from hosting Thanksgiving Day games

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Apparently since yer' somewhat lacking in the proper quoting procedures necessary in facilitating my abilities in pulling my on post , as I've attempted it 3 x's thusly,,,,SHEESE! fergidabotit,we'll rap later on:thumbup:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
What's their issue here? Jealousy?

I mean its not like either team gets an extra home game. And sometimes, that T-giving game doesn't work out well for us if the league schedules us for a late Sunday road game. Then we play on T-giving on a shortened week.

And the Eagles shouldn't be *****ing about anything. They have gotten their own gifts. Last year, they only played 7 true road games, playing the 8th game in London against the Jags.
Every day the Eagles wake up and exclaim "Damn, I am an Eagle and not a Cowboy!!"

Blackspider214

Reaction score
As neither a Lions or Cowboys fan ( or a hater of either team) I think they should keep the tradition of the Lions playing the early game and the Cowboys the late afternoon game. I don't believe there's a big competitive adantage. I suppose that they could swap the times of the games but Detroit and Dallas should keep the game they've had for as long as I can remember.

Absolutely not. Cowboys playing at 11am would not be good. They should always have the primetime 3pm slot. Detroit at 11am fits. It is background noise while the turkey day get together is getting under way. We usually eat some time in the 3rd-4th qtr of that game.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Nationally, the eagles just aren't a big enough drawing card outside of the philly area....if I recall, wasn't the eagles/Pats super bowl one of if not THE lowest rated SB's ever?

Falco78

Reaction score
What's their issue here? Jealousy?

I mean its not like either team gets an extra home game. And sometimes, that T-giving game doesn't work out well for us if the league schedules us for a late Sunday road game. Then we play on T-giving on a shortened week.

And the Eagles shouldn't be *****ing about anything. They have gotten their own gifts. Last year, they only played 7 true road games, playing the 8th game in London against the Jags.
Eagles are not the brightest team. Look at their record and fans

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
so you agree with me that it’s unfair.

I don't agree or disagree. I never made one comment about that topic. I just don't care about what the Eagles or the League think about the Cowboys having the Thanks Giving Day game. Why should we, clearly the League doesn't care when we get jobbed.

It is what it is.

Lutonio

Reaction score
Yes. Amari Cooper torched them because they played at home on Thanksgiving during the season. I think we can all see how that's a competitive advantage.