Eagles were moments from discarding Jalen Hurts

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

Howie Roseman playing all angles 24/7.

Would have likely cost 2-3 1sts. This would have meant no Jalen Carter, no AJ Brown, and either no Jordan Davis or no Nolan Smith (plus Hurts likely getting dealt). Might be the luckiest turn of events in Eagles history and no one even knew

gtb1943

Reaction score

Would have likely cost 2-3 1sts. This would have meant no Jalen Carter, no AJ Brown, and either no Jordan Davis or no Nolan Smith (plus Hurts likely getting dealt). Might be the luckiest turn of events in Eagles history and no one even knew

The way Wilson basically seemed to fall off a cliff was something no one really saw coming. Despite what some claim.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Eagles have been very fortunate in the area of quarterback. Even when they’ve swung and missed, they’ve had team bail them out by trading for guys Philly didn’t want.

Kevin Kolb
Sam Bradford
Carson Wentz

And here, Russell Wilson saved them from making a terrible mistake.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The way Wilson basically seemed to fall off a cliff was something no one really saw coming. Despite what some claim.
He’s not nearly as bad as 2022 looked, I think the team, coaching, and overall system were just terrible fits.

Hardline

Reaction score
The eagles are a charmed team right now. One possession away from a Super Bowl championship and the best GM in the league.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
That would have killed the Eagles. Killed them!
Those picks to get Russell Wilson turned out to be:
AJ Brown, Jordan Davis, Jalen Carter and essentially Hurtz.
Wow!

T-RO

Reaction score
I didn't see him falling off a cliff, but I had about 20 posts on this forum projecting major decline (started a whole thread on it). He was already falling off in his last couple of years

Havic

Reaction score
The Eagles have been very fortunate in the area of quarterback. Even when they’ve swung and missed, they’ve had team bail them out by trading for guys Philly didn’t want.

Kevin Kolb
Sam Bradford
Carson Wentz

And here, Russell Wilson saved them from making a terrible mistake.
Vick also

Flamma

Reaction score
I know people think he is some great QB. But once he has to throw into coverage, game over.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I didn't see him falling off a cliff, but I had about 20 posts on this forum projecting major decline (started a whole thread on it). He was already falling off in his last couple of years
Well the whole atmosphere in Seattle was toxic so there really is not much to claim there.

I watched him more last year than I had for several years and I could see he was mailing it in. Not something I ever thought I would see with him and frankly NO ONE else could foresee either

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Think PHL would have given him two parking spaces and an office like DEN did?

Not since Snyder’s special treatment of Griffin have we seen a team set up a new QB to be disliked by his teammates like DEN did.

I think there were more players happy that the false messiah fell on his face. Not much of a ride!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just confirms what many were saying ........at the start of last season, they had little or no confidence that Hurts was their long-term QB. Once Wilson refused to entertain their offer, they had no choice but to give Hurts one year but they stashed draft picks to go after a 2023 top QB if Hurts failed. Luire ordered Roseman to surround him with as much talent as possible and see what happens.........rest is history.