Eagles will tank next week just in spite

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Eagles players and coaches aren’t going to risk their jobs and careers to lose on purpose to hurt Dallas.

they may just lose because they stink though.

The Eagles team we faced is considerably better than what *** is running out there

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Haskins got benched today. Taylor Somebody led WFT to their only TD.

Haskins is not playing another game for ***. Stormed out and ignored his required press availability... he literally said this week he needed to be more accountable. He's either inactive or just a straight up cut. No one is going to give up anything for him

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If Alex Smith plays, the WFT will win. Otherwise, it's anyone's guess who wins that game.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Depends if Fletcher Cox is playing.
They were a completely different team once he went out today with injury.

This...............Cox is the key to Philly's defense, without him they cant generate any pass rush up the middle and their secondary sucks too bad to cover if the QB has time.

If Cox doesn't play I am not very optimistic about Philly winning, especially if Alex Smith is back.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
We will probably win next week, Washington will win to spite us and we will probably draft 18th. Worst case scenario. No playoffs and the worst possible non playoff slot draft pick.
It won’t be 18th probably 12 or 13.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
It won’t be 18th probably 12 or 13.

We are currently picking 11 right now so even if both us and Washington win next week we should not drop more than 2-3 spots.

So worst case scenario is we win our last 4 games but lose division due to tiebreak to Washington and pick around 15.

ghst187

Reaction score
IMO next weeks game hinges on Alex Smith playing or not. I don’t think philly wins if he plays.
If Haskins plays, philly should win, he’s terrible. Haskins did get benched so interesting to see who will start if Smith can’t go. I’d expect Smith to play if remotely possible as this is a playoff game for them.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Our best hope is that Alex Smith won't be ready to go but either Hurts or Wentz will be determined to give it their all for the sake of the starting job next year/contract.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
We are currently picking 11 right now so even if both us and Washington win next week we should not drop more than 2-3 spots.

So worst case scenario is we win our last 4 games but lose division due to tiebreak to Washington and pick around 15.
Yeah that’s what I got when I ran the scenarios.

Hardline

Reaction score
From a sore loser Eagles fan,

"This was the ideal result for the Eagles. Washington will beat them next week and they might eke their way into the top 5 picks. now they just have to not screw up those first few picks.
Dallas and Washington are going nowhere except downward in draft capital."

But honestly, how many of US would have said this very same thing about Philly and Washington had Dallas lost?
Me

Hardline

Reaction score
We will probably win next week, Washington will win to spite us and we will probably draft 18th. Worst case scenario. No playoffs and the worst possible non playoff slot draft pick.
This is the most likely scenario.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think J. Garrett has some surprises up his sleeve for the game next week.....it's his "revenge" game, and I'm sure he would love to play "spoiler" to his former team. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :p

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Eagles fans are already calling for Pederson to start Nate Sudfield next week to guarantee they keep Dallas out of the playoffs.

Coaches and players don't think like fans.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I think that the game between Philly and the Washington Football team depends on 2 things.

1, Can Alex Smith start,

2. Can Alex Smith be recovered from his injury enough to be effective and productive to have a good game or at least manage the game enough against Philly's defense to win.

I don't know if the Eagles players and coaching staff on in good enough position to lose the game on purpose. Especially if the front office of Philly were in favor of keeping Wentz and getting rid of some Eagles players and coaches just to give Wentz another chance with different players and coaches next season.

Beaker42

Reaction score
As long as Hurts is starting knowing he’s fighting for his job, they won’t tank, now they might lose because without Cox you saw there defense is even worse than the boys
They will have Cox in uniform next week.