Earl Bostic Jr must be a priority because they guaranteed him $200k

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This guy must be a priority udfa because they guaranteed him 200,000. You don't see that too much

https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Article/Earl-Bostick-Jr-Dallas-Cowboys-UDFA-deal-209212157/

Then you see who his agent is. David Canter lol, tanks agent. This guy keeps killing the team lol

Earl Bostick​

6-6, 310 with long arms and quick feet.
Only 1 OT in this draft had a better 10-yard time.
Bostick: 1.68
Broderick Jones: 1.67

Technique if a mess because the was a TE his 1st two college seasons.
- Just needs to develop technique and get a little stronger.

Sydla

Reaction score
Dude is raw as hell but man, he has tools. I like the signing.

I saw someone make a comparison to Mailata from Philly. Raw guy who played rugby and had limited experience as an OT before Philly took him and now he's an anchor for them at LT.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dude is raw as hell but man, he has tools. I like the signing.

I saw someone make a comparison to Mailata from Philly. Raw guy who played rugby and had limited experience as an OT before Philly took him and now he's an anchor for them at LT.
Mailata was 6-7, 385 when drafted.

Bostic is 6-6, 310.

The lack of experience is where they're similar.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This guy must be a priority udfa because they guaranteed him 200,000. You don't see that too much

https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Article/Earl-Bostick-Jr-Dallas-Cowboys-UDFA-deal-209212157/

Then you see who his agent is. David Canter lol, tanks agent. This guy keeps killing the team lol
I feel like they do this every year though and these guys end up leaving. Didn't we give a receiver a big amount like this too? And did we give Marques Bell something high too?

baltcowboy

Reaction score

sbark

Reaction score
I think Luepke is the one with the best chance to make the team. Looks like a guy who can run down on STs. Also could be a short yardage back and a pass protector which are both needs. Can also play FB or HB and is a good receiver
Loved watching him

He needs to be a bit more like Franco Harris, Emmitt in avoiding direct hits....
He will get enough of them in pass protrect and as a FB.

I see MM soon seeing his value and will keep him fresh for 10 snaps per game

My official Pet Cat....but i am biased as A Bison athletic contributor for years

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Saw him play a couple of times. The Cowboys must think he can transition his short time at OT to the NFL. He has the size and can move. Hopefully a year from now he will be improved to the point he can challenge for a roster spot. He plays on the left but has a lot to learn. Side note: Bostick earned Academic All-Big 12 honors in 2020 and 2021. Fingers crossed we 'hit' on him.

Motorola

Reaction score

Looks like we saved up all our cap space for UDFAs :cool:

The last half-dozen years or so UDFAs have been getting a good haul signing up with NFL teams.
Many are coveted just as much as players drafted.

Motorola

Reaction score
I feel like they do this every year though and these guys end up leaving. Didn't we give a receiver a big amount like this too? And did we give Marques Bell something high too?
It has been a common practice in the NFL for at least the past half-decade --- teams shelling out to UDFAs they think have a chance to make the practice squad as a player to develop.