Earl Thomas to Ravens

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The safety position is just as important if not more important. Just ask Ed Reed and the Ravens about how important it is. Or ask Jimmy Johnson about how important our safeties were on our 92 and 93 teams.

That's OK... Inside joke.

Flamma

Reaction score
Looks like his 2019 cap hit is 7M. 2020 jumps to 15M. Dallas couldn’t fit that?

I hear ya. It wasn't that ridiculous of a contract. The guaranteed money ends after the first two years. The first year's cap hip is a bargain. The next 2 are a bit higher than most would like. But I can easily see him having at least 2 more good years. How much cheaper did people expect?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
i think so. i didn't want him at any price. he plays for him and we got rid of that in dez.

Please.

This fan base doesn’t like good players for some reason.

We like to keep it as jaggy as possible around here.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I hear ya. It wasn't that ridiculous of a contract. The guaranteed money ends after the first two years. The first year's cap hip is a bargain. The next 2 are a bit higher than most would like. But I can easily see him having at least 2 more good years. How much cheaper did people expect?
a lot cheaper than 16m a year

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Please.

This fan base doesn’t like good players for some reason.

We like to keep it as jaggy as possible around here.
the fan base loves good players.

we just disagree on who they are and what price they're worth.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
the fan base loves good players.

we just disagree on who they are and what price they're worth.

Well.. He’s the best safety in football, future HOF’r and fits our scheme perfectly.

Only 30 as well so will be playing for 5 or more years if he wants.

DFWJC

Reaction score
They are saying that the broken leg 6 months ago--a second major leg injury--made them dial it back some.
Who knows though

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
Regardless of the draft picks, we couldn’t afford him. Really, it’s our poor drafting that causes us to need any money left over for positions we didn’t cover. We can’t afford more than 5 bonafide stars.

blueblood70

Reaction score
anyone here think a back to back injury years aging safety should have got that salary ? its beyond rich even for ET, I like and wanted earl but all along most of us said NOT for that money..22 guaranteed first 9 games 32 overall and 55 overall.. thats way rich for him..yes I said it.,im disappointed we didnt get him but glad we saved a bad contract..Ravens were the only ones and why? because they let suggs and weddle walk and others and were bit desperate to make splash..

blueblood70

Reaction score
16 and 16 is friendly, not FN way.. its guaranteed so if he even makes two years or not hes gets 16 per but 22 just for playing one year? its not friendly..hes worth 12 per yr, period end of story..3 for 36 is my offer 20 guaranteed..thats what is friendly..

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I had interest in a young 22 year old hooker too, well neither of us got what we wanted.... (I think she was undercover, gotta love Nawlins after hours bars)
Huh? Oh you mean Hooker the safety from Ohio state. Need to get my head out the gutter.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I knew was gonna be a meltdown in here but damn lol ravens had to throw money at him with obj in the division. We couldn’t do that w all our guys to sign and how would tank feel earl getting 32 million guaranteed before him ?
I don't understand the Ravens making this move. Their paying their secondary big money but have no defensive ends. I guess OBJ scared them.