Early afternoon game thread

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Back-to-back roughing-the-passer penalties on the Saints what are you supposed to do run up and touch the quarterback and say got you. This is freaking ridiculous:facepalm:

Yep. You can't tackle the QB with a textbook form tackle now. You have to fall to the side after tapping their hip.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yep. You can't tackle the QB with a textbook form tackle now. You have to fall to the side after tapping their hip.

It’s horrible.

I remember as a kid. Our coaches taught us to wrap
Up and drive through the ball carrier. Landing on them is part of form tackling.

It’s a horrible rule.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Watch out for the Browns this year. They won't win a lot of games but they will be a tough out for most teams. They have to be. You can't keep adding that much talent every year in the draft and suck forever. I wish we had their skill position players. I'd trade ours for theirs today and just petition for conjugal visits with Zeke.

They were in a lot of close games last year too. They just don't know how to win.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
To be fair, he is being hit in the back field every time he touches the ball.
This is true......but everyone made it like he could dominate even without blocking. which was ridiculous.....but that is what we call the hype train. I'm just a believer of showing us what you can do as opposed to being told.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
This is true......but everyone made it like he could dominate even without blocking. which was ridiculous.....but that is what we call the hype train. I'm just a believer of showing us what you can do as opposed to being told.

Yea, ESPN's so called experts ranking him higher then Zeke without playing a down in the NFL was a joke.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Maybe that’s what they should do, as soon as the QB is touched the play is over...there’d me a sack records set ...:muttley:

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
How does the Brown's D look? I seen the 3 picks and assumed pretty well. Other stats tell different story