1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Eating crow about drafting LVE

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by aria, Nov 18, 2018.

1. stiletto

stiletto Well-Known Member

4,665 Messages
    5,639 Likes Received
    No way anyone who even supported the pick would know he was this good. I am stunned and loving it.

2. Ozone22

Ozone22 Well-Known Member

1,319 Messages
    882 Likes Received
    A lot of us were wrong about that pick.

3. seamus18

seamus18 Well-Known Member

1,586 Messages
    1,700 Likes Received
    I am definitely not patting myself on the back, but I was all in on LVE before the draft. It seemed like the team really tipped their hand weeks prior to the draft that they were going to be drafting him. Was really excited about the pick and wanted him over Calvin Ridley or anyone else at that spot. Still never expected him to be playing at this level so early. Thrilled at how he is playing and couldn’t be happier.

4. SlammedZero

SlammedZero Well-Known Member

7,707 Messages
    20,355 Likes Received
    I. Love. It. I watched SO many people prematurely call him a bust for months after he got drafted. I just laid back in the cut and waited because I always knew the type of player he was. I literally watched him take over games for Boise State.

And I am not trying to pretend to be some player/draft guru, because I'm definitely not, but when you see certain players you just know.

5. mortboy

mortboy Well-Known Member

1,185 Messages
    729 Likes Received
    I am right there with ya. Didn’t want the Cowboys to draft him and was pretty bummed when they did. So glad I was wrong.

waving monkey and aria like this.
  6. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

10,024 Messages
    4,160 Likes Received
    Same here, I thought he was a bit soft. He is anything but, what a terrific pick.
    If you redo the draft he goes top ten.

renny, Scotman, JJHLH1 and 3 others like this.
  7. seamus18

seamus18 Well-Known Member

1,586 Messages
    1,700 Likes Received
    It takes a big fan base to admit when they were wrong. :)

aria likes this.
  8. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

11,649 Messages
    11,172 Likes Received
    Sign me up.

DEA_dad and aria like this.
  9. NorthwestDallas40

NorthwestDallas40 rpatricc

5,944 Messages
    8,530 Likes Received
    Good of you and others to say... I was the guy from Boise who watched him for two years at BSU and attended his pro day. I told everyone before and during the draft that guys that big don't move that quick, and guys that have as many tackles as he had (even in the Mountain West conference) have tremendous instincts. I didn't think he would be this productive this fast, but knew he was a far better prospect than Rashaan Evans or Ridley, notwithstanding their SEC pedigree. We will look back in a year or two and wonder how on earth he slipped to the 19th pick.

10. Melonfeud

Melonfeud I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe. Zone Supporter

20,974 Messages
    32,008 Likes Received
    Hey Man! What his current status?
    As ,after that one contact / stop on the play, he went to his base( on his hands& knees) and remained there ,slowly gathering info from his physical peripheral.

*That's never a good thing to SEEo_O

11. iamliko22

iamliko22 Well-Known Member

1,173 Messages
    1,483 Likes Received
    I wasn't thrilled with pick either... was pissed about passing on getting derwin james... LVE Looks To be a huge HIT. Alot to be mad about with this team .. But the draft has been REALLY good lately..

JJHLH1 likes this.
  12. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

24,927 Messages
    64,738 Likes Received
    Man crush!!!!

13. Melonfeud

20,974 Messages
    32,008 Likes Received
    :rolleyes: And just why should they,,,Hummmmm?o_O

:lmao::starspin::lmao:

robbieruff likes this.
  14. baltcowboy

baltcowboy Well-Known Member

2,649 Messages
    2,553 Likes Received
    Give credit to the scouts. Broaddus thought the Cowboys were going to draft him early in the process. That's the BSU PIPELINE.

15. Az Lurker

Az Lurker The Lurker

420 Messages
    243 Likes Received
    Occasionally I feel smug about this but I didn't think he'd be this good this fast.

aria likes this.
  16. aria

aria Well-Known Member

12,753 Messages
    12,231 Likes Received
    I’m just pretty surprised how much company I have! I fogured a couple other people may have joined me in saying they were wromg nut not this many. It’s kind of bitter sweet though, I love Sean Lee but LVE will be his demise. I know that’s the way it goes but it doesn’t make it easy.

Ranching likes this.
  17. Mobinvans

Mobinvans Well-Known Member

3,359 Messages
    5,485 Likes Received
    I dont think anyone thought he would pan out like he did

Lifetimeboyzfan likes this.
  18. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

24,810 Messages
    47,422 Likes Received
    Dude leg tackled 2 guys at once today!!!

JJHLH1, Lifetimeboyzfan and Melonfeud like this.
  19. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

4,663 Messages
    4,214 Likes Received
    Very cool. I don't mind saying and I know that I have lately that I was fully onboard with him even prior to the pick. Just your average big time fan that has spent way too much time following the ups and downs of our D Cowboys. Now we need the QB!

RS12, aria and Melonfeud like this.
  20. Melonfeud

20,974 Messages
    32,008 Likes Received
    #55 was the guy I was adamant about scooping up in the first round, just because of the overpressured player #50 & his seasonal history.

* and I wasn't shy about my bleatings for him eithero_O

robbieruff likes this.