Video: Eatman: Garrett lost confidence of his staff

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Jason Garrett is a cancer to this organization

Yeah, because it's not like this team was over a decade removed from its last NFCCG appearance before he got there or anything. :muttley:

Garrett is only a symptom.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Garrett is a fraud..

He was never an NFL coach. The guy coached in Miami as a QB coach for two years and did zilch. That if all his experience amounted too.

The guy has been riding the nepotism train his whole career. His brother and he even got their roster spots here because daddy Jim was a scout.

Garrett being some respected guy throughout the league is a myth. He’s like any other sorry coach whose career owes itself to connections. How many retread coaches are in the league that get jobs based on ‘coaching tree’.
He got his Starting QB job at Columbia because daddy was there a well. Just like Jerry's kids, he has earned nothing his whole life other than being born into daddy's prestige

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
The only reason Jason Garrett is in the league is because of his father. He was basically born into football. He never exemplified anything of worth regarding being innovator and his defining feature is incidentally being born to Jim Garrett, who also sucked as a head coach.

khiladi

Reaction score
He got his Starting QB job at Columbia because daddy was there a well. Just like Jerry's kids, he has erned nothing his whole life other than being born into daddy's prestige

Well Stephen is an engineer, so I wouldn’t knock him completely. That’s way more difficult than the history degree the ‘genius’ Garrett has..

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Does anyone care what the equipment guys and team doctor think about the on field product? It’s their job to perform the task their given. Get the pads/helmets up to code and get guys in best health possible.

Tommy

Reaction score
He got his Starting QB job at Columbia because daddy was there a well. Just like Jerry's kids, he has earned nothing his whole life other than being born into daddy's prestige
Tell us more about how he was handed the starting QB position despite Columbia having better talent at the position. I never heard this story.

MikeB80

Reaction score
The only thing of real value in that whole show was what helman said. Nobody knows anything. When it comes to the coaching position nobody knows anything because the two men who will make that decision have said nothing to anyone, Jerry or stephen. When we actually get real information it will be because jerry or stephen put it out there.

as of right now they are most likely figuring out what they are going to do so not a single person on the planet would know. Everything we have heard has just been rumors.

I really don't believe anything Rappaport and Slater say and they are the ones talking the most.

I imagine in a week or so Todd Archer or David Moore will have a story about coaches who will be or have been interviewed and that will be the first real look at who is in the running for this job.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
Your little caption says it all: You can't fix stupid. Maybe a tattoo will help you remember it better.

While I'm all for canning by Garrett, I'd take another 2 years of him as the HC if it meant that fans like you were flushed away.

'He's a cancer'? So dumb......
Yep. So tired of these fake fans being disappointed with how the season turned out. You can't always win.

More 8-8 seasons are what we need to get the bandwagoners off. I'd rather us lose every game just to see the message board tears they cry than us win.

That is what being a fan is all about, right?

Chrispierce

Reaction score
It’s true...Garrett lost them. They know...Helman said it. Some things they can’t mention even though they know what the word on the street is. Allll those little people in the building like your towel guy and janitor thinking same as us too. This isn’t working and maybe time for a change.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
They probably felt more empowered to speak candidly bc he wasn't under contract next season. This is one of the problems with having a lame duck head coach.

I think they were also emboldened to speak up about Garrett before Jerry gives him another 10-year contract.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Jerry is the one who picked Garrett’s staff or at least most of it. He said on the radio a few weeks ago that it was his decision to go with a younger coaching staff. If things are ever going to change Jerry needs to let his new coach pick their own staff. He needs to stop undermining every head coach he hires.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Jerry Jones is the real cancer to this organization.

Garrett was the catalyst for propagating that cancer. Garrett was in a position to make positive changes a coach and to put Jerry in his place if needed be - and probably would get away with it.

But no. Garrett was nothing more than a yes man. He knew how to divert blame and throw people under the bus left and right. He was stubborn and never really made any type of adjustments to his gameplan or changed his playbook to accommodate a player's skill or talent. Basically, he was here for the ride. He thrived on the status quo. That's because he doesn't have a clue on how the game works. He is nothing more than a glorified cheerleader masquerading as some kind of "genius" from Princeton. He may not be the "cancer."

Yes that's Jerry. However, he was the catalyst for spreading the cancer throughout the team. This is the results of Garrett letting Jerry do whatever he wanted with the team. He was too chicken to do anything about it. What a coward.