Video: Eatman: Garrett lost confidence of his staff

Dre11

Reaction score
lol..except they forgot to mention Richard and Bloom had conflicts with each other, Kitna and Moore had issues as well. Bloom was never brought back

Reactions: BAT

stiletto

Reaction score
He’s talking about operational and support staff more than position coaches. And that’s probably a pretty fair assessment. At least, it seems reasonable that that group could be tired of the same voice in the locker room.

Sane people do tend to get tired of doing/hearing the same things over and over then expecting different results when it never goes right. His clapping/spitting/pushing, "make it a great day" schtick should've been kicked to the curb 5 years ago at least....wasted half a decade. Crazy freakin' owner...

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Even though they are employees of the Cowboys, the folks from the Break have been going HARD at Garrett (and, to a lesser extent Jerry) for the years of mediocrity. Especially Eatman and Derrick.....a caller called in today and they had to correct him about Garrett. They said he wasn’t lazy as the caller indicated, but that he was overtly arrogant and stubborn. That’s when Helman chimes in and said he seems stuck in the ‘90’s.........
The whole org is arrogant.
Want an example?
Maher struggled the end of last season.
Do we bring in camp competition? No
He misses 33% of his kicks and we finally
Bring in a new kicker.
I know donkeys who aren't stubborn as this group.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Garrett has had three meetings to claim sabotage and argue he deserves another year

Garrett didn't hire himself. Garrett has no authority to schedule three meetings with his boss.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I checked their youtube page to see if they re-upped it or if they deleted other videos as well but they didn't. I guess they were talking too freely on this specific episode.
Or maybe Garrett is coming back and they were told to remove the video?

khiladi

Reaction score
Want an example?
Bring in a new kicker.

We actually did, but we still kept him. Then he sucked again, so we brought in, whatever his name was.. I’m not sure if whatever his name was from the original kickers we brought in...

Brax

Reaction score
You can laugh, but the game would be so much more fun if they just alternated Super Bowls every year. That way everyone could win.
One of those participation trophy's for everyone type of guys. So sad.......

Kaiser

Reaction score
Do we bring in camp competition?

Maher wasn't a problem last year and his under-50 misses were offset by the fact he could hit beyond 60 yards. That is a weapon. He also guaranteed you wouldn't have KO returns.

This year they stayed with him too long but that was mostly because there weren't a lot of good options available. Its great he kicked as well as he did, but he is on his 6th NFL team for a reason.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Jerry would be proud of Garrett coaching another team and beating us. That good ol “I told you my boy was special” tear trickling down in the owners suite followed by the “Nobody is as upset over this loss as I am” press conference while ending with “You have to credit the opposing team and their staff”.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Want an example?
Bring in a new kicker.
Add to that the GM and HC were not on the same page about what they were doing at PK. GM said they weren't looking for a new one and guess what?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm guessing he lost the confidence of his staff after shoving the ST coach and Tavon Austin out into oncoming traffic after the Minnesota game. Shockingly enough, a leader has to have the trust and respect of those he leads. The fact that this man has not once in his entire career stood up at the podium and said, "you know what guys, this one's on me" should tell everyone around him all they need to know about how this Captain steers his ship. Right now he's likely scrambling onto the life boat that Jerry lowered down to the shark filled water as the ship slips under the waves.

Flamma

Reaction score
You guys need to back off Garrett!

He may not be the best in the win/loss column, but his players love having him as their coach! It's not about whether or not they win. They're winners because they have fun.

And isn't that what it's about?

Yes. I was having fun doing something besides watching the cowboys game last Sunday.

CB61

Reaction score
It’s soooo funny how most of us have known this for years now. Where the hell have all these people been? I realize we are just fans, but we’ve debated for years about this stooge and how bad he was. Now everyone is on board?
Good question