Eddie George on Zeke's frustrations

aria

Reaction score
Rushing leader as a rookie. Was 10th last year even with a six game suspension. Looks like he will be the rushing leader again. He could have been the rushing leader his first three years. What more do you want? People like you just look for obscure ways to try to be unique when you really aren't.
Dak also got rookie of the year and Jason Garrett got coach of the year in 2016. I’m gonna go out on a limb as say the Offensive line was the makn reason for all three of them having great success. 10th last year...he also averaged more touches per game by a decent margin. It only looks like he may be the leading rusher again due to his gawdy numbers against the worst defensive line in the NFL, he should personally send them a thank you note if he gets the most yards.

I’m not saying he’s not very good but he goes as the O line goes, as it is with most RB’s. Demarco Murray was a good example. I wasn’t a fan of picking a RB 4th overall and I’m not a fan of handing out big contracta to one either, especially ones with a questionable personality. Use ‘em and lose ‘em.

Last edited:

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Do you watch the other All pro RB’s around the league? Zeke is as consistent and helps the team win as much as any of them.

I think your beef is with taking a RB #4 overall period. That’s an argument to be made. But Zeke is as good as it gets for a RB. You realistically can’t ask for much more, production wise.

This, the one thing that Gurley, Bell (when gets back) and Chiefs RB name escapes me now, is they all have a good QB, to help take the load off there backs.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
After how we let Murray go with no ideal backup in place beside the panty-stealer/wearer, I have serious concerns about Jerry’s aspirations to resign Zeke:(

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I think that Lawrence will also go else where next year he will if he wants to go to a place to have a chance to win

Batman1980

Reaction score
After how we let Murray go with no ideal backup in place beside the panty-stealer/wearer, I have serious concerns about Jerry’s aspirations to resign Zeke:(

The upside is we suck with him and without him so it's not like it matters that much.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Inconsistent? In 30 career games, Zeke has been held to less than 70 yards 4 times.......................4 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On what planet is that inconsistent?

Oh yah, he is great when he has the best Oline in football. Give him an average line and he is wildly inconsistent. Another reason to NOT use a high pick on a back. Also not a reason to pay a back big money. I could honestly care less if he resigns. He will be way overpaid anyway.

heir

Reaction score
This is click bait. Not once did he say "I spoke to Zeke and he is frustrated". Eddie George talking about HIS frustration when he played does not mean Zeke is now. And we went and made a thread about it......

Batman1980

Reaction score
We’re 0-5 without Zeke and a lottery team. We’re on our way to 9-7 with him

Meh, I'd rather have a high draft pick to fix the glaring issues on this team than a record that's only 1 game above .500. Also, I see no sign this sorry team will go 7-4 the rest of the way.

uvaballa

Reaction score
I wouldn’t break the bank for Zeke. Very capable RBs come out of the draft every year.

khiladi

Reaction score
Look at the deal OBJ signed. Giants offense is lousy and Eli has about 2 years left. Players follow the money...period. Zeke will sign with whomever gives him the most money. We would be 0-16 for 3 straight years and he would sign.

But he’ll get money anywhere.. that’s the difference

khiladi

Reaction score
Zeke is frustrated.. this is getting better every second...

khiladi

Reaction score
They're wasting Zeke's career too. Stupid FO. He's the only offensive weapon we have. The only good thing for him is that the coaches keep trying to pass themselves to victory. If he wants to compete for anything he has to go somewhere else.

And if he wants longevity, because the scrub that’s playing QB has him running against stacked boxes and a bunch of run blitzes all game long...

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I'd let him go. He's obviously frustrated and a lot of that is probably how bad the team has been since 2016. He's going to get a massive payday and I hope it's not from us.
He could be one " bender& accusatory statement " away from a permanent league wide playing ban ,if my memory serves me well, who the hell knows how anything shakes out anymore?o_O

Batman1980

Reaction score
He could be one " bender& accusatory statement " away from a permanent league wide playing ban ,if my memory serves me well, who the hell knows how anything shakes out anymore?o_O

That's another reason I'm not paying him, way too much of a risk to slip up and get suspended again.