Eddie George on Zeke's frustrations

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
I just don't see top 5 talent consistently since 2016 when he takes the field. Yes he's good most of the time but you don't spend a top 5 pick for good most of the time. You do it for a franchise cornerstone that will will your team to wins. Zeke hasn't done that consistently since 2016.

Leads the league in rushing and rushing yards per game. What more could you possibly want?

Manster68

Reaction score
I just don't see top 5 talent consistently since 2016 when he takes the field. Yes he's good most of the time but you don't spend a top 5 pick for good most of the time. You do it for a franchise cornerstone that will will your team to wins. Zeke hasn't done that consistently since 2016.
Really? What I see is a quarterback that can not find receivers; only hits receivers a little more than half the time; not hitting receivers in stride so they can make a play; getting little to no respect from opposing defenses; and he is in his third season.

Yes, let's go get rid of the best running back in football. Great idea.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Meh, I'd rather have a high draft pick to fix the glaring issues on this team than a record that's only 1 game above .500. Also, I see no sign this sorry team will go 7-4 the rest of the way.

This, 9-7 and no playoffs means nothing. It cost us 3 draft spots this last draft. A couple of drafts ago we miss out on Donald by 2 slots.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

I thought the comments about McNair were more interesting.

The offense should run through Dak more. More read option. More run pass option. More using his athleticism. Let him start from the things he can do, and build his knowledge and skills from there.

Instead, they're doing the "next man up!", trying to make him play like Romo, and leaving out the things he can do.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I love Elliott, but he's a running back... unless he turns out to be Barry Sanders, we will control the entirety of his good years. He's free to go where he likes once he's been drained of usefulness.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
This isn't surprising. Running backs have a short shelf life because they are the players that take the most pounding. Having a sucky QB only decreases that shelf life. Zeke probably feels that Dak is making his job harder. Regardless what anyone thinks about team loyalty being first priority, players always think about themselves first.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

The offense should run through Dak more. More read option. More run pass option. More using his athleticism. Let him start from the things he can do, and build his knowledge and skills from there.

Instead, they're doing the "next man up!", trying to make him play like Romo, and leaving out the things he can do.
You get the door prize for clearest thinking.

Thanx.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

I agree with you.

We see DAK audibling at the line alot.

But he is not Romo.

I do not want him to be.

He was miserable in the clutch against good teams.

Remember the playoff loss to the Vikings?

Case closed.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Zeke is too inconsistent for the draft pick we gave up to get him, so bye.

Inconsistent? LMAO.

It’s amazing what he’s produced facing stacked boxes all game. All defenses are doing is playing to stop Zeke. Tell your boy Dak to open up the passing game and maybe Zeke won’t be as “inconsistent.”

aria

Reaction score
We should have learned that from the last All Pro RB we lost in FA.

Which then became the reason we drafted Zeke.
And remember what happened when he left? As I said earlier, most of these RB’s are only as good as the O line or close to it. Say we had kept Murray and Zeke went somewhere like the Giants with a bad O line, I guarantee Murray would have had the rushing record in 2016. Instead we wasted a 4th overall pick when we could have kept Murray and spent that pick on say......a QB.

PoetTree

Reaction score

Three running backs in NFL history have rushed for more than 3,000 yards in their first 29 games:

--Eric Dickerson (3,451)

--Ezekiel Elliott (3,040)

--Jim Brown (3,023)

... that you're not seeing top-5 talent consistently says more about your observation skills than Zeke's ability or effort or results on the field.