Elliott is seeing the field better

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Ok I have to admit Elliott has me eating crow. I wanted to trade him away just a few weeks ago. Now he seems to be a very important cog in our defense.

I did mention that he seems to have lost his break away speed. I don't think that's the case. I think he has become a more patient blocker and waits for his blocks to happen. Then he picks his hole.

In 2016 he just runs straight in and looking for contact. He no longer is that Zeke.

He maybe a bit lighter than he ever was. But he seems more quicker than he ever was.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Lol. Including myself & many others. Zeke was back to his 2016 form by plowing players down when running w/the ball AND not fumbling. Hope it's permanent!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Ok I have to admit Elliott has me eating crow. I wanted to trade him away just a few weeks ago. Now he seems to be a very important cog in our defense.

I did mention that he seems to have lost his break away speed. I don't think that's the case. I think he has become a more patient blocker and waits for his blocks to happen. Then he picks his hole.

In 2016 he just runs straight in and looking for contact. He no longer is that Zeke.

He maybe a bit lighter than he ever was. But he seems more quicker than he ever was.

kskboys

Reaction score
Is it "Go, stupid zeke" or Go stupid, zeke" or...."Go, stupid, zeke" ?

Commas can really change that one
Yup, I just had a kid who wanted to work for me say "Never mind tomorrow." So, I didn't hire him tomorrow.

JBS

Reaction score
That cut at the LOS to get skinny and get away from the LB in the other gap was a thing of beauty. Zeke has many of us eating crow, myself included.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Zeke is running like his job depends on it. Which it does.
Yup. Just saw the hicks training video with yesterday’s game, good advertisement, and well deserved . Zeke after his 2 warms up games is back!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
No doubt. People seem to forget the debacle our OL was last season due to injuries. In addition to the poor OL play, Dak’s injury allowed defenses to stack the box to stop the run. Far too many only look at stats and not the circumstances leading to the stats.
I think it has to do w/ people just loving to use their favorite little phrases, while often not even understanding what they mean.

Can't tell you how many times I saw people proclaim that Heath took bad angles, when it was actually most obvious that he lacks lateral agility, so he couldn't make the sideways move to stay w/ the ball carrier.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
His eyes might be seeing better blocking, for a change too.
That's what I'm seeing, anyway. The run blocking is spectacular. Biadasz, Williams, Steele have their issues in pass protection, but when they're moving forward, wow.

But I will admit that Zeke looks both faster, which I did not expect. He ran with great power in 2019 and he still has that, too.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Love how he can change direction on a dime, then accelerate

John813

Reaction score
His feet look so much quicker than years past and he still has the strength to move the pile from 2 yards to 4-5 yards.

Been nice to see him run the past few weeks. Getting hot

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Well thank God he's no longer that inferior back in 2016.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Zeke also only the 3rd RB ever in Cowboys history with 50 TDs.

And Zeke leads NFL in 100+ yard games since 2016.

Just imagine how many yards Zeke would have if he got the carries Derrick Henry is getting.

Reactions: BAT

LovinItAll

Reaction score

There was an episode in Hard Knocks where Zeke was talking to a young RB about being more patient. It was a good watch.