Elton John, Seriously Dude

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Thirty years ago I had two tickets to see Elton in Tampa. I took my girlfriend at the time in a driving rain storm to the event only to find out when driving in that he cancelled the concert because he had the "flu". Of course years later we find out he was dealing with other issues that were not "flu" related. But we were told he was going to reschedule fo the next night. So I went back to Ticket Master and upgraded my tickets to close to the front. I paid another fee for the new tickets and went back the next night. Again, the next night I am driving into the parking lot and attendant says he had to cancel again due to the "flu'

So he is making his farewell tour and was going to be in Amalie Arena tonight. My son sent me two tickets. Found out last night about 11 that he cancelled the concert for tonight. Apparently he was in Amway arena in Orlando last night with a full house and his spokesman walks out 20 minutes before showtime and says he has an "ear infection" I guess it is too early for the "flu"

Damn Diva-what is it about Central Florida?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Thirty years ago I had two tickets to see Elton in Tampa. I took my girlfriend at the time in a driving rain storm to the event only to find out when driving in that he cancelled the concert because he had the "flu". Of course years later we find out he was dealing with other issues that were not "flu" related. But we were told he was going to reschedule fo the next night. So I went back to Ticket Master and upgraded my tickets to close to the front. I paid another fee for the new tickets and went back the next night. Again, the next night I am driving into the parking lot and attendant says he had to cancel again due to the "flu'

So he is making his farewell tour and was going to be in Amalie Arena tonight. My son sent me two tickets. Found out last night about 11 that he cancelled the concert for tonight. Apparently he was in Amway arena in Orlando last night with a full house and his spokesman walks out 20 minutes before showtime and says he has an "ear infection" I guess it is too early for the "flu"

Dude's pretty old. Could be something more embarrassing than an earache.

lukin2006

Reaction score

That sucks.

GMO415

Reaction score
All humans are flawed. Burn you once shame on him.....burn you trice...shame on you.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Go to Metallica. As far as I know, they've only cancelled shows where James was hospitalized. lol

By the time they finish their current tour in 2019, they will be less than 40 shows from breaking the 2,000 shows barrier.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
IDK, a ear infection might be the reason. Maybe the loud volume and the inability to hear himself on the monitors have something to do with it? Still sucks big time though.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
That's a bummer, man. I had a friend who drove across the country to see Elvis perform, only to find out his tickets were counterfeit.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Elton must be a wimp. The Stones are touring the US this summer...and if you thought Elton is old...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Talk about bad timing. That's too bad.

catiii

Reaction score

"AN EARACHE MY EYE!! NOW GET YOUR CLOTHES ON, AND GET YOUR LITTLE BUT READY FOR THE CONCERT!!" - CHEECH AND CHONG - THEY WOULD'VE BEEN A BETTER CONCERT ANYWAY. :lmao:

csirl

Reaction score
Heard a radio discussion on this. They compared him to Axel Rose, who played for 2hrs+ at a concert in Dubai on Sunday in spite of being very sick and needing IVs.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Heard a radio discussion on this. They compared him to Axel Rose, who played for 2hrs+ at a concert in Dubai on Sunday in spite of being very sick and needing IVs.
Yet he's notorious for walking off stage at the drop of a hat.