Emmitt and Chris Warren all over again

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
When the line slipped in the 90s , emmitt s number slipped. Guys thought he was done. Then we signed Chris warren. Guys thought wRren would take his job and he held into it. Emmitt even had another monster year. 1300 yards while missing 2 1/2 games with a broken hand. He had 140 against the Vikings in one half. I see zeke doing the same thing. He played hurt inn2018 and 2021. He’s still great. He just had a bad l g fir 4 straight years. Also a new offense. With a still learning o c. lol for zeke to bounce back a d shut up the pollard supporters.

tunahelper

Reaction score
When the line slipped in the 90s , emmitt s number slipped. Guys thought he was done. Then we signed Chris warren. Guys thought wRren would take his job and he held into it. Emmitt even had another monster year. 1300 yards while missing 2 1/2 games with a broken hand. He had 140 against the Vikings in one half. I see zeke doing the same thing. He played hurt inn2018 and 2021. He’s still great. He just had a bad l g fir 4 straight years. Also a new offense. With a still learning o c. lol for zeke to bounce back a d shut up the pollard supporters.
Hope you are right, but Zeke ain't no where near #22.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Premise is faulty.

Warren was never brought in to replace Emmitt, but rather to spell him, which he did very productively.

Emmitt’s also saw a spike in his production the two years Warren was there.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Premise is faulty.

Warren was never brought in to replace Emmitt, but rather to spell him, which he did very productively.

Emmitt’s also saw a spike in his production the two years Warren was there.
Emmitt was a legend. They wouldn’t come out and say it. He was insurance in case he fails. He didn’t fail and was still great. It’s all my opinion, but I did say guys thought.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I was at the Vikings game when he scored two touchdowns in under 20 seconds. Sadly we came up with a way to lose the game in the second game.

Isn't that when he broke his hand while scoring a TD? He was about to have a legendary performance that night before having to leave the game...

CCBoy

Reaction score
I think Zeke Elliott has been a tad more cerebral than was Emmit Smith. When you wish upon a star, one betterr pay full price for it also.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Elliot had an injured and mediocre 2021. Health should make his numbers better, but the loss of Cooper will make the run game a tougher slog. The fields could get very short with Cooper gone and no speed to replace him, and Dak likes separation.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Hope they both have outstanding years.
They both got stars on their helmets.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please reread post before hitting the "Post Reply" button next time.

DB_Cooper

RubyRidge
Reaction score
Isn't that when he broke his hand while scoring a TD? He was about to have a legendary performance that night before having to leave the game...

That’s the one. I was so annoyed. This was during the Randy Moss days and we were going to beat them until he broke his hand. I think it was because he stiff armed a guy in the face mask.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
That’s the one. I was so annoyed. This was during the Randy Moss days and we were going to beat them until he broke his hand. I think it was because he stiff armed a guy in the face mask.
Same here. He would’ve gone for 300 yards and we finally would’ve beat moss.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
I was at the Vikings game when he scored two touchdowns in under 20 seconds. Sadly we came up with a way to lose the game in the second game.
That game was a true tale of two cities game. First half Dallas was utterly unstoppable. Emmitt looked like he might seriously threaten Payton's 275 yards rushing in a game record. Cowboys rolled to a 17-0 lead.

Then Aikman and Emmitt both got injured, Minnesota outscored us 27-0 the rest of the way.