Emmitt Smith/Jerry Rice Double Standard (BTB)

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
LOL!

You KO’d yourself by pretending Russell “1st Round Exit” Westbrook is anything more than a regular season stat-padder.

“Every measurable statistical category” LOLLLL what?? You ever hear of FG% or advanced stats? Defensive stats?

KD absolutely destroyed Westbrook in all the relevant numbers that actually lead to, you know, winning basketball games. That’s because KD is twice the player Russ is.

No, Russ didn’t have a better year than the hyper-efficient KD who tore through the league with Golden State and ended the season by dominating LeBron in the Finals before spraying champagne in Oracle Arena. I can’t believe I had to type that out.
:laugh:

And you’re essentially comparing Iggy’s Finals MVP to the ones Magic Johnson won to make your point. Yikes!

Kareem was still the 2nd-best player on his team for 4/6 of his championships. I’m sorry that that kills your argument.

Holy yikes :huh::lmao2:

Pahahaha

Nav22

Reaction score
Holy yikes :huh::lmao2:

Pahahaha
You got KO’d in the 1st Round. It’s okay. Just like your guy Russ.
:thumbup:

LOL even with Paul George and Steven Adams, Russ couldn’t even win a single playoff series as “the man” in OKC. Exposed as a total fraud. That’s why he’s a sidekick again.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You got KO’d in the 1st Round. It’s okay. Just like your guy Russ.
:thumbup:

LOL even with Paul George and Steven Adams, Russ couldn’t even win a single playoff series as “the man” in OKC. Exposed as a total fraud. That’s why he’s a sidekick again.

You using Westbrook's MVP season when he shattered the triple double record as your only basis of KOing me, when I've pointed out Iggy won the Finals MVP is some next level losing on your part Nav.

Take your L bud, you're punching above your weight class here.

No Jordan doesn't have the most accolades as about 10 people have said throughout the thread.

Better luck next time.

DFWJC

Reaction score
if anyone cares

Here's Athlon Sports' latest rating of All-time running backs

1. Jim Brown
  2. Barry Sanders
  3. Walter Payton
  4. Emmitt Smith
  5. LaDainian Thomlinson
  6. Marshall Faulk
  7. Adrian Peterson
  8. Eric Dickerson
  9. Earl Campbell
  10. Marcus Allen
  11. Curtis Martin
  12. OJ Simpson
  13. Gale Sayers
  14. Tony Dorsett
  15. John Riggins
  16. Thurman Thomas
  17. Franco Harris
  18. Jerome Bettis
  19. Edgerrin James
  20. Terrell Davis
  21. Jim Taylor
  22. Frank Gore
  23. Shawn Alexander
  24. Tiki Barber
  25. Marshawn Lynch
That's about the norm for Emmitt--in the 3-7 range. Seems a bit low for Dickerson and high for Riggens, but whatever

Nav22

Reaction score
You using Westbrook's MVP season when he shattered the triple double record as your only basis of KOing me, when I've pointed out Iggy won the Finals MVP is some next level losing on your part Nav.

Take your L bud, you're punching above your weight class here.

No Jordan doesn't have the most accolades as about 10 people have said throughout the thread.

Better luck next time.
Trying to reignite after you’ve already lost. Okay, I’ll beat the dead horse.
:lmao2:

“Every measurable statistical category” LOLLLLL yeah, if you’re a casual fan who doen’t understand the game on any meaningful level.

That’s you, boss.

Russ averaged a triple-double 2 more times after that. It led to absolutely NOTHING, hence his rightful place as a sidekick to a REAL elite player... again.

Learn about eFG% and advanced stats. It’ll help you understand the game better, so you’re not fooled by frauds like Westbrook again. Box score stats are for kids.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Trying to reignite after you’ve already lost. Okay, I’ll beat the dead horse.

“Every measurable statistical category” LOLLLLL yeah, if you’re a casual fan who doen’t understand the game on any meaningful level.

That’s you, boss.

Russ averaged a triple-double 2 more times after that. It led to absolutely NOTHING, hence his rightful place as a sidekick to a REAL elite player... again.

Learn about eFG% and advanced stats. It’ll help you understand the game better, so you’re not fooled by frauds like Westbrook again. Box score stats are for kids.

Yes, because MVPs and Finals MVPs are handed out based off of advanced statistics and eFG%, that's your claim now?

Jesus Christ you're digging yourself even deeper lmao.

And don't think we all don't notice you side stepping Iggy every single post

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Irrelevant anyway.
He played plenty long enough to establish what level of back he was.
If career stats were what he cared about, I assume he could own the total rushing yards record....easily. But he didn't play longer, so that is that.
He could've milked it, but he didn't
He wasn't driven by that.

No skin off my back either way. I'm not emotionally invested in Barry Sanders' career.

He left out of frustration after a fairly long and HOF career.
Was what it was.

Meanwhile, Frank Gore is now 3rd on the all-time rushing list.

Frank Gore is the 3rd best RB of all time? Just look at the stats!!! :muttley:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if anyone cares

Here's Athlon Sports' latest rating of All-time running backs

1. Jim Brown
  2. Barry Sanders
  3. Walter Payton
  4. Emmitt Smith
  5. LaDainian Thomlinson
  6. Marshall Faulk
  7. Adrian Peterson
  8. Eric Dickerson
  9. Earl Campbell
  10. Marcus Allen
  11. Curtis Martin
  12. OJ Simpson
  13. Gale Sayers
  14. Tony Dorsett
  15. John Riggins
  16. Thurman Thomas
  17. Franco Harris
  18. Jerome Bettis
  19. Edgerrin James
  20. Terrell Davis
  21. Jim Taylor
  22. Frank Gore
  23. Shawn Alexander
  24. Tiki Barber
  25. Marshawn Lynch
That's about the norm for Emmitt--in the 3-7 range. Seems a bit low for Dickerson and high for Riggens, but whatever
This doesn't seem like an unreasonable ranking. Of course there are some I would rank at least a little differently, but we all would rank a little differently.

I always like to point to the strength of Texas football, and this list supports that. 4 of the top 10 were all from Texas.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
That’s why I said “generally.” Iggy was an exception as Steph Curry was the Warriors best player that year.

Kareem wasn’t “robbed” like Steph was, and he wasn’t better than Magic Johnson when Magic was winning those Finals MVPs.

Kareem was the best player on a championship team twice. Jordan was the best player on a championship team 6 times. That’s the point. The award is just a byproduct of this.

So MVP of the league is "generally" the best player over an 82 game sample size, with 300+ players competing.

The finals MVP is "generally" the best player over a 4-7 game sample size out of the 20ish players that see the floor.

As I said, you're punching above your weight class. Sit down.

Nav22

Reaction score
Yes, because MVPs and Finals MVPs are handed out based off of advanced statistics and eFG%, that's your claim now?

Jesus Christ you're digging yourself even deeper lmao.

And don't think we all don't notice you side stepping Iggy every single post

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
You must’ve been MYSTIFIED as to why Russ couldn’t win a playoff series despite all those regular-season triple-doubles and that MVP award.

Furrowing your brow in a vain attempt to understand basketball as he got shipped to Houston to be a sidekick... again.

I’m sorry that you can’t keep up mentally right now. I never said advanced stats are how they vote for MVP. The point was that Durant, the FINALS MVP, had a better year than the REGULAR SEASON MVP. And I already addressed Iggy, but you’re just too slow to remember.

You’re a total buffoon if you think Russell Westbrook was on the level of Kevin Durant in 2016-17. Stick to football.

Nav22

Reaction score
So MVP of the league is "generally" the best player over an 82 game sample size, with 300+ players competing.

The finals MVP is "generally" the best player over a 4-7 game sample size out of the 20ish players that see the floor.

As I said, you're punching above your weight class. Sit down.
LOL, that’s right. There are exceptions. You’re learning. Congrats.

Next step in your education: understanding advanced stats. “Every measurable statistical category”, um, no. The stats that matter thoroughly expose Russ as an inefficient chucker. Hilarious that you didn’t know that.

Nav22

Reaction score
what about bill russell. or kobe?
Bill Russell’s in most everybody’s top 5 all-time. Deservedly so.

Kobe doesn’t belong in the top 5. Probably top 10, definitely top 15.

Nav22

Reaction score
Brady isnt the GOAT. He started dominating when the rules changed. IMO the GOAT is Montana
6 rings is 6 rings. 9 Super Bowl trips is 9 Super Bowl trips. The rules were the same for all the other QBs in Brady’s era too.

Nav22

Reaction score
I'll take Things Made Up On The Spot for $400, Alex.
Imagine trying to argue that Russell Westbrook had a better year than Finals MVP Kevin Durant, a far superior player who dominated LeBron James before spraying champagne in the winning locker room.