Twitter: Emotional moment, as Cowboys draft former South Carolina CB Israel Mukuamu in sixth round

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by rafaelgreco, May 2, 2021.

1. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia!

33,852 Messages
    19,793 Likes Received
    100% real right here!!! Let's go Gamecocks/Cowboys!

TexasFrog likes this.
  2. TexasFrog

TexasFrog Zone Supporter

7,957 Messages
    8,505 Likes Received
    Love this!!

3. Qcard

Qcard Well-Known Member

3,620 Messages
    3,507 Likes Received
    Spoken like a knowledgeable player and fan!

Excellent Post!

4. SlammedZero

SlammedZero Well-Known Member

9,600 Messages
    26,370 Likes Received
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Definitely rooting for the kid!

(Yes, I'm rooting for all of them).

5. RonnieT24

RonnieT24 Well-Known Member

3,061 Messages
    3,987 Likes Received

Thanks... it's not rocket surgery... If you lead a guy into harm's way you either get him blown up or you cause him to alligator arm and it turns into a pick. Either way the outcome is less than ideal for the receiver .. but the Zone posters will be happier because the pass hit him in stride.. GTFOH..

Qcard likes this.
  6. Pantone282C

Pantone282C Zone Supporter

6,219 Messages
    8,930 Likes Received
    After the past season weirdness and injuries, I hope everyone on the team gets a new perspective.

7. SixFiveCowboy

SixFiveCowboy Active Member

256 Messages
    186 Likes Received
    Moments like this is why I never miss a draft it's absolutely incredible watching a kids dream come true when they have worked their behinds off to get there!!!! I am officially standing behind this guy that was awesome to see

8. Bartlebie

Bartlebie Member

25 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    This∆∆∆∆ this what I love so much about the draft. Young men getting to touch their dreams dude. It's so inspiring

9. vicjagger

vicjagger Well-Known Member

3,500 Messages
    1,168 Likes Received
    And some people just don't understand why thus is the greatest event in all of sports.

10. RonnieT24

3,061 Messages
    3,987 Likes Received
    Yeah I can only imagine what it must feel like to get that phone call.. Back when I was in college there were no cell phones so a guy HAD to be somewhere where the team could call him. I love those old stories of teams repeat calling a guy's line so a team could not get through to him to either draft him or let him know the team doing the blocking was targeting the kid for UDFA day. I think Everson Walls was one for us.. I think he tells a hilarious story of how one of the Cowboys scouts or some such camped out at his front door after the draft and made sure no other team could be there to sign him right after the draft so the Cowboys could have dibs.

11. Typhus

Typhus Catching Catfish

9,701 Messages
    10,181 Likes Received
    Mi Compadre !!! :starspin:

Ranching and Furboy like this.
  12. eromeopolk

eromeopolk Well-Known Member

2,482 Messages
    2,632 Likes Received
    Before the 2020 season, IM was looking like a 2nd to 4th rounder. However he had a groin injury during the 2020 COVID season and then opt out after HC was fired. Then the Pro Day Mukuamu, measured at 6-foot-4 and 212 pounds. He had 80 3/4-inch wingspan and vertical jump of 36 1/2 inches but didn’t run a 40-yard dash because of a hamstring injury.

I like converting CB to S (i.e. Charlie Waters). However, when fully healed don't be shocked if he regains CB status.

Furboy likes this.
  13. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

18,006 Messages
    19,094 Likes Received
    Sort of like what they tried to do with Byron? I can see that. Unlike Byron, I think he's capable of handling that sort of shifting about.

14. dcstar

dcstar Well-Known Member

412 Messages
    700 Likes Received
    To me the fact his family and friends are still there late on a Saturday waiting with him for whatever the outcome...says alot about his family and character. They celebrated like it was round 1 pick 1...good for him and good on them.

Go Mr Mukuamu!
    and
    Go Cowboys!

DeathMonkey, Gaede and Furboy like this.
  15. Typhus

Typhus Catching Catfish

9,701 Messages
    10,181 Likes Received
    People that feel that every play is run the way it was originally designed have never played the game.

16. RonnieT24

3,061 Messages
    3,987 Likes Received
    But they work exactly as designed on Madden.. so what's the big deal?

17. Typhus

Typhus Catching Catfish

9,701 Messages
    10,181 Likes Received
    I enjoy playing Madden myself with my two pain in the *** nephews that stomp me routinely, but I still enjoy the game.

18. JW82

JW82 JJ21

3,437 Messages
    5,906 Likes Received
    How much fun must it be, to be able to make these calls to these young men. So cool.

19. RonnieT24

3,061 Messages
    3,987 Likes Received
    As fun as the calls are.. having the billions of dollars needed to own a team is probably better! :)

JW82 likes this.
  20. JW82

JW82 JJ21

3,437 Messages
    5,906 Likes Received
    potentially yes...