End the Mike White experiment *merged*

basel90

Reaction score
Those expecting Dak to have already completed fixing his footwork and mechanics after so little time are expecting too much. Even when Romo made changes, it took some time to become habit. It was one series in the first preseason game. It's going to take time. Kitna will keep working with him and I expect he'll improve.

As long as he delivers when it matters, it's fine.
Have you seen what a Baker Mayfield or Pat Mahomes can do as rookies ? I know Dak is not in those players’ league , but he is the one asking to be paid 36 million a year :)
He ain’t worth it .

nobody

Reaction score
Have you seen what a Baker Mayfield or Pat Mahomes can do as rookies ? I know Dak is not in those players’ league , but he is the one asking to be paid 36 million a year :)
He ain’t worth it .

I never said he was worth even 30 million. I'm just saying that mechanics-changes and footwork-changes take time to become habit and that even Romo took time to get changes right. Again, it's preseason and it doesn't matter yet. Be patient.

I've been saying all along that they should not sign him yet and make him play out the season to prove he's what people believe he can be. I believe in him and think he can get it done, but that's a big investment for just a belief.

He's never been all that great before the regular season starts and they finally got a QB coach for him that has the skillset that can help him. There's a different OC. I truly believe that Linehan was hampering things. Have some faith and patience. :)

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Mike White wasn’t ruined.

He’s just not a NFL QB.
that could be, but he has not got any better, and it seems he has gotten worse.
and if he clearly isnt nfl capable why is he still on the roster????

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No need to end it after one preseason game. See how he performs in the next few games. He needs some time with the 1's and 2's.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Agreed. I don't know what people are seeing in Rush , it's awkward .

It like people seeing a cloud shaped as a (fill in the blank) ;

This team is preparing to make an attempt at a deep playoff run. You need a decent, veteran backup QB. Rush and White are both major projects and would be lucky to be on most other NFL team practice squads. Only in Dallas would these guys waste a roster spot. Rush stunk last year as well, imo. Why does Garrett-top insist on trying to keeping either of these on the 53?

TheGoat73

Reaction score
He’s just not a NFL QB.

The front office should go out and try to find a vet QB and a kicker to push Maher this week.

After we picked him up there was at least one thread linking an article hyping his accuracy...like he belonged on that Stan Lee show about superhumans.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
This White kid reminds me of a certain Offensive Coordinator who consistently making the final roster cuts for YEARS. All while 99% of this board, minus Floaty (Sorry Bro! :D), was giving him the same Mike White treatment. If White were to make the 53-man roster this year, or practice squad for that matter, I'll be convinced that a certain someone sees more than just 'skills', or lack there of, in this dude. And if that's the case, we're all looking at the future Quarterbacks Coach of the Dallas Cowboys. The pattern is eerily similar, if you ask me. :facepalm:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Yeah I’m honestly not sure if it would have been picked or not. It looked like the LB might be able to cut it off. But if the pass is thrown to Jarwin’s outside, the LB might not make it and it’s a touchdown.

Regardless, the irony I found is this. The poster I was quoting, has been blaming Dak for the offenses redzone woes and literally has been saying that he needs to be willing and able to throw tight window passes into the end zone for the offense to be more successful.

So, during a PRESEASON game, Dak throws a tight window throw and That same poster then makes up a lie that the pass was for certain going to be not just intercepted, but a pick 6. Yes he knew that if the ball wasn’t tipped, not only was the defender guarantee to intercept it, but then also guaranteed to return the ball 100 yards for a touchdown.

So in conclusion the poster has been criticizing Dak repeatedly for not throwing tight window endzone throws. That poster then criticizes Dak for throwing a tight window endzone pass in preseason that gets tipped and assumes the tight window throw will be not only intercepted, but also returned 100 yards for a touchdown. Even though there’s obviously no way of knowing that for certain.
He might have said that because of what he heard and saw. f you saw the game with the Dallas announcers, they are the ones who replayed the play after the commercial break and pointed out the LB breaking on the ball, they are the ones who also mentioned it was probably a pick 6.