End the Mike White experiment *merged*

Sydla

Reaction score
And the 49ers 3rd stringers are clearly much better than ours. Their 2nd stringers not so much.

That may be true that he sucks and would suck with the starters, but it sure would be nice to see that and not 1.5 seconds before pressure 70% of the time.

The 49ers two QBs are both much better than White. That was a big reason their third stringers looked better.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I don’t get why they didn’t give Taryn Christion a shot. There’s no way he can be worse than Mike White.

This wasn’t about the offensive line. The kid holds onto the ball too long, then doesn’t hold on well enough once he gets hit.

He needs to go now. Every additional snap he takes from here forward is a snap wasted.

stiletto

Reaction score
Sam Bradford behind our 1st Team OL would be a huge upgrade IMO as backup. The hope is that he never has to play like Rush but if he did. I'd prefer a vet. I'll always have that stance. If he sucks sure put in Rush after game two like all other teams do. Make a change but I'd rather see the vet go in first ALWAYS...

stiletto

Reaction score
:lmao2:He's as brittle as glass. I didn't even know a team was claiming him still.

I think he's a tough dude, he's played behind terrible lines in his career for the most part. Not saying he wouldn't get hurt because history is history but I bet he could get through a couple games...if not your Ginger-Honey is there in the wings...

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I don't believe we will even consider bringing in a veteran QB. With the money we are likely about to give Dak, why would Jerry bring in any competition to cause controversy in the event of injury? Jerry would protect his decisions over shoring up positions.

Them

Reaction score
He’s just not a NFL QB.

The front office should go out and try to find a vet QB and a kicker to push Maher this week.

...Yes after watching that game...I would have to agree on both accounts...Heard someone say that White might play with the 2's next week!...it might be a liitle better...Eh?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Agreed. Get the Japanese kicker to compete with Maher. As for backup QB, I'd be watching the waiver wire very closely.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
So, along with the Japanese kicker that I keep on about, I've found a QB who, coincidentally, went to Central Michigan (the same school as Cooper Rush) and also plays in Japan. Here he is:

Might be worth a look to work out in camp.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Wow. Some of you guys really hate Kevin... lol.

Yes, the Mike White experiment may be mercifully over.
To be fair, his LT, Mitch Hyatt, possibly helped to end it.
He was Chaz Green-esque out there.

White was hit before he could plant his back foot on the very first play.
However, when he did actually have time to throw, it seemed obvious
that he's slow to pull the trigger. Also, I didn't like the way the ball came out
on the deeper throws. No "zip" to any of his passes.

Couple of things:
Cooper Rush had Cameron Fleming as his LT, not Hyatt.
(Just sayin'... not claiming White would be Tom Brady if he had his former LT out there)

I love the Sam Braford idea, should an injury occur, which would be ironic to see.
Bradford, the best business man in NFL history (along with his agent) coming in
to replace a QB who hasn't missed a game.

Well boys and girls, that's one pre-season game down.
Any chance of the CZ drawing a 50/50 raffle with the winner getting
2 tickets to Hawaii for the next game?... (classified as Humor)

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I think he's a tough dude, he's played behind terrible lines in his career for the most part. Not saying he wouldn't get hurt because history is history but I bet he could get through a couple games...if not your Ginger-Honey is there in the wings...
Rush keeps getting better every season so I'm going with him. And oh by the way, there is a reason Sam Bradford is still a free agent with all 32 team's 90 man rosters in camp. He's that bad.