EPL Season 2019-2020

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well, here we are again. A new EPL season is upon us. Liverpool won last year. Who will win this year? Which teams will make it to the UEFA next year? Which teams will be relegated? Off we go! Week 1 is in the books. Lets see how things turned out

csirl

Reaction score
Liverpool finally win EPL.
Sheff Utd and Brighton will be among the relegated teans.

Brighton sacking Hughton has to be the biggest bonehead move of the offseason. He's a genius coach and the only reason they made and stayed in the Premier League.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
https://www.skysports.com/premier-league-results

Friday 9th August:

Liverpool 4 Norwich City 1

Saturday 10th August:

West Ham United Nil Manchester City Nil
Bournemouth (up the Cherries) 1 Newcastle United 1
Burnley 3 Southampton Nil
Crystal Palace Nil Everton Nil
Watford Nil Brighton and Hove Albion 3
Tottenham Hotspur 3 Aston Villa 1

Sunday 11th August:

Leicester City Nil Wolverhampton Wanderers Nil
Newcastle United Nil Arsenal 1
Manchester United 4 Chelsea Nil

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Liverpool finally win EPL.
Sheff Utd and Brighton will be among the relegated teans.

Brighton sacking Hughton has to be the biggest bonehead move of the offseason. He's a genius coach and the only reason they made and stayed in the Premier League.

Yes, that was absolutely stupid of them, and I reckon that will cost them quite severely. I reckon also that Norwich City will probably also be ousted quite early with Southampton really struggling to stay on.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Going to be a rough season for my very, very young Chelsea team.
But also a kinda cool season with so many young homegrown Chelsea players.
Will be the first season I didn't expect them to go top 4.
I am hoping they can stay top 6 and make Europa.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Well, here we are again. A new EPL season is upon us. Liverpool won last year. Who will win this year? Which teams will make it to the UEFA next year? Which teams will be relegated? Off we go! Week 1 is in the books. Lets see how things turned out
Did they?

StylisticS

Reaction score
I have Liverpool winning the title this year. I think Man City will put all their eggs in the CL.

1. Liverpool
2. Manchester City
3. spurs
4. Arsenal
5. Manchester United
6. Everton (bold prediction here)

I have Brighton, Norwich, and Sheffield being relegated but Southampton could flirt with relegation as well.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I have Liverpool winning the title this year. I think Man City will put all their eggs in the CL.

1. Liverpool
2. Manchester City
3. spurs
4. Arsenal
5. Manchester United
6. Everton (bold prediction here)

I have Brighton, Norwich, and Sheffield being relegated but Southampton could flirt with relegation as well.

Pretty much same here. And I've got my Bournemouth Cherries hovering around 11 and 14 as usual.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I would like for my Cherries to transfer in a bit more defence. That's where we've been desperately lacking.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pulicic was amazing against Liverpool. WOW Created a goal for Garoud and then scored himself beating 2 defenders (called back on a dubious offside). Then they pulled him early in the second half???

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Pulicic was amazing against Liverpool. WOW Created a goal for Garoud and then scored himself beating 2 defenders (called back on a dubious offside). Then they pulled him early in the second half???

Not sure why he didnt start against Man U. Chelsea were completely dominated from start to finish that match.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Interesting game between Man City and Tottenham today. Result was 2-2. Nearly 3-2, but one of the Man City players deflected the ball accidentally off his elbow. VAR saw it, and disallowed the goal. Prior to the season, a rule was made that even setting up a goal via handball, intentional or not, is to be ruled as a no goal. Disappointing to be sure, but VAR got the call right IMO via the letter of the rule.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
My mistake. It was Manchester City. I thought for the longest time Liverpool had won it. I dunno what I was thinking. So yes, if you're a Man City supporter, my apologies.
In your defense they won UCL so are Champs of Europe.
They are still stinky scousers tho that eat fish fried and with the face stil on it. lol.

In all seriousness that is a really good side.