Eric Berry visits Tuesday

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I really have to wonder why Berry is even bothering visiting here. Every free agent around the league knows the only deals Stevie hands out are 1 year cheapos.

My prediction...…...Berry comes, takes a tour of the facilities, goes out to eat with the team executives, then gets on a plane and leaves.

Two days later the media announces he has signed with a team that is actually trying to win.

I can see how this is all going to unfold a mile away.:(

Hadenough

Reaction score
Its hard to think Berry could do even do as good as Heath. He has played only four games the past two seasons because of a ruptured Achilles and a heel issue.
This is typical of the Cowboys. Instead of signing Tyrann Mathieu, they want to bring in the old injured player that Mathieu replaced.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Its hard to think Berry could do even do as good as Heath. He has played only four games the past two seasons because of a ruptured Achilles and a heel issue.
This is typical of the Cowboys. Instead of signing Tyrann Mathieu, they want to bring in the old injured player that Mathieu replaced.
Did you actually just compare Eric berry to Jeff heath with a straight face?

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
That would be one heck of a comeback story if he could actually go for a season or two. Worth the risk if price is right and structured accordingly.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Did you actually just compare Eric berry to Jeff heath with a straight face?
Actually that would be an insult to Heath. Sorry Heath! Berry is done his career took a turn when he tore his achilles. Thats a worse injury than an ACL. That injury robs you of your speed and change of direction.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Eric Berry hoping around on one leg could beat out Heath.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Given what's available, and the likelihood that Stevie offers Berry a garbage contract, we may need to think safety in the third round this year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I like Berry but would say the same about him as I would Thomas. If he is looking to be one of the highest paid at that position then no, if he is willing to play for a more moderate deal with incentives that could increase the dollar amount then great.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really have to wonder why Berry is even bothering visiting here. Every free agent around the league knows the only deals Stevie hands out are 1 year cheapos.

My prediction...…...Berry comes, takes a tour of the facilities, goes out to eat with the team executives, then gets on a plane and leaves.

Two days later the media announces he has signed with a team that is actually trying to win.

I can see how this is all going to unfold a mile away.:(

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTLbxx0cJoBumxcrym0xieoy8xw0TIZ8WALkIBXGvNQgWn-FeRC

Hardline

Reaction score
Will the Cowboys medical staff get to examine him before offering him a contract

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
If we sign him, people need to realize this isn’t the Eric Berry of old.

This is a, better in zone, in the box, don’t miss tackles guy.

Which has value, but how much value?

You'd have to think a contract less than $5M AAV, right? Likely a 1 yr deal.

Carson

Reaction score
Which has value, but how much value?

You'd have to think a contract less than $5M AAV, right? Likely a 1 yr deal.

Well one plus, if the Chiefs have either paid or are paying him 3 million this year.

So if we can get him for 3 (just throwing junk out) I’m all for it

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Pump the brakes....why would KC allow their beloved qb of the defense go? They would know more about his health than anyone. Buyer beware

I agree. in my view he would have to pass a medical exam and even at that modest deal with the incentives to allow him to make more.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I bet we sign him. 1 year deal. And he gets hurt. How soon is a toss up. But he is getting injured more and more. But since the FO can get a big name for cheap we will do it. For leadership purposes.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Wasn't he (Berry) recovering from cancer?