ESPN: Bears Release Nick Foles

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Foles was never a starter but instead a decent backup. Would love to see Dallas pick him up, IF, he doesn't call it quits.
I would take him here for sure. My bet is he’s heading to Jacksonville.
I truly think this is it for Nick. Being he's a Christian, I've read where's he's been talking about pursuing ministry or even coaching post football. Whatever he chooses, I wish him nothing but the best. If not for him, Wentz & those Egals would never have gotten that ring. Foles was lights out in that Superbowl vs Brady!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
QB needy team releases QB, let's get 'im!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, just last year several posters wanted to get rid of Dak for Foles.

I'm not saying to replace Dak. I'm saying to push for the 2 or 3 spot. I think he might be an upgrade over Rush. And it stings the Eagles because their hero becomes a Cowboy.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Foles got lucky and played the Pats in the super bowl in one of the very few years where the Pats D stunk. (29th) It was also another example of how yards allowed by a D not only matters, it matters a ton. Foles drove the Eagles up and down the field like they were playing against burlap sacks. Pats were 5th in pts allowed, BTW. Problem w/ that is in the playoffs. Playoff teams are prone to scoring more.
disagree you show me where NFL playoffs teams score more? i doubt thats common as you meet more great defenses in short stretch,, the eagles won the SB just because they did that it they outplayed their opponent enough to win..i mean ATL had NE on the ropes about knocked out and lost..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He needs to go back to Philly that’s the only team he ever played well for.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
He is a QB that took a team to the Super Bowl through the playoffs and won a Super Bowl. An Arlington Jonesboys QB has not done that since the Dallas Cowboys had Troy Aikman.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I didn’t see this yet and put it here because always backup QB debate

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ee-release-quarterback-nick-foles-two-seasons

The Chicago Bears have agreed to release quarterback Nick Foles, the team confirmed Saturday night.

The Bears originally acquired Foles two seasons ago in a trade with Jacksonville for a fourth-round draft pick.

After starting seven games in 2020, the Super Bowl LII MVP logged only one start last season. He carried a $10.67 million salary-cap hit in 2022.

Chicago general manager Ryan Poles confirmed in March that the team had been trying to trade Foles after adding veteran backup Trevor Siemian in free agency.

:espn: