News: ESPN: Chris Jones didn't let anybody in on the fake punt secret

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I don't think Garrett liked it at all, judging by his reaction but good for Jones. He is a high-IQ player, something that this team needs more of at key positions besides Lee at LB. Players who know how to play the game apart from a script by using their instincts.

visionary

Reaction score
Wait

I thought this was "a gutsy call" by Garrett?

How far is this team off the rails that the punter can make this call at their own 24 yard line in a make or break game WITHOUT THE HC OK-ING THAT DECISION

How Garrett defenders keep defending him is just bizarre

Tommy

Reaction score
Where is there any quotes that say the head coach didnt know they were calling a fake?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Wait

I thought this was "a gutsy call" by Garrett?

How far is this team off the rails that the punter can make this call at their own 24 yard line in a make or break game WITHOUT THE HC OK-ING THAT DECISION

How Garrett defenders keep defending him is just bizarre

If we're being fair, and far be it for me to get in the way of some Garrett bashing, at some point the HC has to okay the idea that the punter can decide to go for it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Where is there any quotes that say the head coach didnt know they were calling a fake?

I know it's hard to grasp but special teams players know that if the other team has a certain lineup out on the field then they have the go ahead to audible to a fake.

So the moment it happened I knew it was one of those situations and sure enough it has been confirmed.

If you really want to reach and give Garrett some credit for practicing against those alignments then go ahead but it's just standard practice.

visionary

Reaction score
If we're being fair, and far be it for me to get in the way of some Garrett bashing, at some point the HC has to okay the idea that the punter can decide to go for it.

Yes, but on your own 24 yard line already down in a win or go home game that is tight and we have a chance to win?

If I'm HC I absolutely want to make that decision not leave it to the punter

You can bet that if the play hadn't worked, gutless Garrett would have thrown Bissachia and Jones under the bus