News: ESPN: Chris Jones didn't let anybody in on the fake punt secret

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yes, but on your own 24 yard line already down in a win or go home game that is tight and we have a chance to win?

If I'm HC I absolutely want to make that decision not leave it to the punter

You can bet that if the play hadn't worked, gutless Garrett would have thrown Bissachia and Jones under the bus

The decision to do that was probably done years ago and they practice it every week just like all the other teams.

They know if that alignment happens then it's almost a 100% guarantee that a fake will work.

Go on youtube and type in Pat talks about how Troy Polamalu ruined his life.

It's basically a story about something similar to this.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Explains a lot. It looked incredibly spontaneous and would have been wildly ballsy for Garrett to call. Explains why it worked so well. There were no "tells" from the other 10. Good work by the entire ST.

Praxit

Reaction score
Cowboys punter Chris Jones went rogue on his fake punt call Sunday, but his improvising was a big boost for the Cowboys in their win at Oakland.

Continue reading...
..great read. I was in awe, when I saw him take off. It was real time slow motion and my brain is going *** is he doing? Then when i saw he past the marker and had another 10..I fricken back flipped.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I was led to believe this was a Garrett decision... dang and I thought I had some fodder for my illogical Carrot-top homerism :(

Indirectly is was. IIRC Garrett mentioned in past he has given permission to Jones if he sees something he likes then do it.

Gaede

Reaction score
Amazing. I love that jones had the guts to make this play when the coaches didn’t

yimyammer

Reaction score
Wait

I thought this was "a gutsy call" by Garrett?

How far is this team off the rails that the punter can make this call at their own 24 yard line in a make or break game WITHOUT THE HC OK-ING THAT DECISION

How Garrett defenders keep defending him is just bizarre

:popcorn:

robbieruff

Reaction score
Like every all-time great in basketball and baseball, Chris Jones enjoys that rarified status as an athlete who can call his shot at will. Given the eternal green light, he needs no permission and never will...bask in his awesomeness, you mere mortals!!! :thumbup: