News: ESPN: Cowboys counting on Jaylon Smith but some mystery remains

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys counting on Jaylon Smith but some mystery remains

i

Unlike last year at this time, the Cowboys know Jaylon Smith can contribute. But he does have some question marks.

Read Full Story

GenoT

Reaction score
The mystery is, how much has the nerve regenerated and how well can Jaylon overcome any lingering effects (including possibly(?) wearing a brace permanently)?

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
He will be improved this year and guessing as good as he is going to get.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
Jaylon needs to be able stand solely on his affected leg and be able to raise and lower his body weight while flexing on the balls of his foot with the heal slightly not touching the floor. Give it a try yourself.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
A lot of fans' feelings about Smith seem to be based on the early part of the season, when he was forced to start because of injuries and wasn't ready for it. It's almost like some of us stopped watching him at that point. Like with Charlton, he got better as the season progressed.

Now, is he better to the point where we don't need any more quality linebackers? Of course not. We've got him, a weakside starter who always has to fight through injuries, a strongside starter who shouldn't be and a special-teammer. We need to push Wilson off the field, whether that means Jaylon moves to the strong side and we get a middle linebacker or Jaylon stays in the middle and we get a strongside starter.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Jaylon needs to be able stand solely on his affected leg and be able to raise and lower his body weight while flexing on the balls of his foot with the heal slightly not touching the floor. Give it a try yourself.

He can already do this; it's not affected by the peroneal nerve.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jaylon will give whatever he can give. I don't doubt that we will keep an eye on the LB draft contenders. Strength and talent must be better, though.

dwreck27

Reaction score
I can already imagine us being in the middle of the season with Jaylon struggling and many of us in the board wondering why we chose not to address it in FA getting a stop gap player like bowman

I wanna believe we will draft someone but how good can they be year one? Roquan and Evans maybe

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
I can't take this anymore.

Its like the leftovers in my fridge. Sure they taste fine when I warm them up, but its not like I cooked it. Depending on Jaylon to be back to college form is like my warmups and Randy Gregory. They will never be the same again.

Draft a LB for god sakes instead of trying to sell us a used car.