News: ESPN: Cowboys' future appears bright despite falling short of ultimate goal

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Anyone who can cover a receiver and another decent pass rusher who preferably isn't a drug user.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Been saying same. This team reminds me 1991 Cowboys

Except we had a real coach back then. And I heard people saying this exact same thing about all these Cowboys teams that flamed out in the divisional round. People want so bad for this team to be "one year away" but it isn't happening with this regime. We need to clean house on the coaching staff besides Richard and OL coach (can't remember his name off the top).

Linehan absolutely has to go. And so does Garrett.

DStar22

Reaction score
-Second youngest team in the NFL
-Youngest team to make the playoffs
-No starters over 30
-All Pro Running back
-All Pro Center and leader of of the offensive line returns after missing the season
-Going to have one of the best receiving duos in the nfl with Cooper and Gallup

Give me Earl Thomas/Adrian Amos and Grady Jarrett and lets get back at it

ok sure, they have one year. if we don't win a superbowl next year, blow it up.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I wish a former player, coach or front office employee would pull the curtain back on the sham that is football operations at the dallas cowboys. Just come out and write a tell all or do an exclusive interview and expose everything. Finally shine a light on Jerry Jones and Company. Let us know that all that matters is the show is profitable and they make enough money to fund private yachts and pay the rent on jerry world.

"pay no attention to the guy behind the curtain....."

Love the Wiz.

Good post.

CODE_BLUE56

Reaction score
We need the D to be elite. Signing/drafting defensive improvements is going to be more straightforward than getting the offense to improve enough to be a SB winner(looking at Dak). Im encouraged by Gallup and Cooper's emergence, but Dak isn't more than an early career Russell Wilson right now. The D-line was manhandled against the Rams. Really hard to win in the playoffs if that happens.

I will say on offense we need to solidify the TE position. Jarwin seems like the frontrunner(unfortunately wasn't exactly 100% against the Rams), and hopefully he can become a reliable 5-10 yard pass dumper as well as big red zone threat. I liked what I saw in week 17.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
It will not matter what roster changes are made if this staff is back. Stop this BS about bright future with JG. It’s pure insanity.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Is Richard still the favorite for the Miami HC job? I thought that had changed?

Reaction score
-Second youngest team in the NFL
-Youngest team to make the playoffs
-No starters over 30
-All Pro Running back
-All Pro Center and leader of of the offensive line returns after missing the season
-Going to have one of the best receiving duos in the nfl with Cooper and Gallup

Give me Earl Thomas/Adrian Amos and Grady Jarrett and lets get back at it
Doesn't mean a whole lot with garbage coaching.