News: ESPN: Cowboys set to unveil Dak-friendly offense in OTAs

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"With Prescott, the Cowboys will want to incorporate more of the spread offense he ran so well at Mississippi State."

Smashmouth Spread.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that this will be the Cowboys offense for 2018.

One that plays to their strengths and one that they're ideally suited for.

Rayman70

Reaction score
"With Prescott, the Cowboys will want to incorporate more of the spread offense he ran so well at Mississippi State."

Smashmouth Spread.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that this will be the Cowboys offense for 2018.

One that plays to their strengths and one that they're ideally suited for.
I like it. Its going to be a hybrid offense..I like that term you used. "Smashmouth Spread." If successful,we can expect the league to copy cat it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like it. Its going to be a hybrid offense..I like that term you used. "Smashmouth Spread." If successful,we can expect the league to copy cat it.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. If the rest of the league is copying something, that means it's working.

But I've looked into the Smashmouth Soread offense and it seems perfectly suited to this team's strengths, while best minimizing their current weaknesses.

I'd certainly like to line up and spread out an opposing defense, making them "go small" to match up with receivers and speed and then be able to bludgeon them repeatedly using the advantage I have with my offensive line, quarterback, and running back.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We going to have New England type WR's running around on a ton of under routes...and tons of Zeke on screens and off tackle.I predicted in this offense, Dak will have a lot of running yards per. It might be very fun. If we thought we were smash mouth before lol...just wait. We have a very nice stable of studs at RB that can put the beat down on defenses...and I think we got just enough at the receiver position to keep them honest.To be clear,we will spread them out,not to pass so much,but to run the rock like 45 times per as a team. That IS Cowboy football at its best.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I see a 3 headed monster for us at RB this year..Scar,Zeke and Smith. Lets not forget the added value our fullback brings as well. He can play some tightend or H back too. We have options. Going by how we drafted...we are going oldschool offensively with a "spread option" twist on it and I LOVE the idea.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Just think if Rico and 1 of our other tightends is better than we thought and can impact the team. Its all gravy at that point.